Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you will listen to a new Classical Jazz-Rock piece of music of mine, played on my 2006 Gibson J-45 1964 Custom Shop Reissue. The music is called "Cellos on the Beach". Photos of the guitar are in the video. An explanation of the why's of the music is in the narrative section under the title on YouTube. Perhaps this will be a new trend...Classical music on a J-45.

Any and all comments and feedback are welcome.

Click here:

QM aka "Jazzman" Jeff

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Original tune here played on a 2011 J185 which is my all purpose go to guitar and is coming along nicely.

Song is a about one of those people who have to be seen with 'celebrities' all the time hoping the spotlight will sneak in their direction!!

https://www.facebook.com/pegpowlerband/

that j 185 will bring yuou redemption ! good song. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New year's day 2016...seemed like a good time to reflect, think about how my kids are grown, and record my guitar solo instrumental arrangement of "What a Wonderful World/(Somewhere) Over the Rainbow". Hope you enjoy. (The guitar I am playing is an Angelica classical guitar. Seemed to fit the song.)-QM aka "Jazzman" Jeff

Click here:

Great Job!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How to play Jack White's "Effect and Cause". On my 2007 SJ 200 12 Fret Gibson Custom Shop (1 of 6).

Good of you to put up that how-to of the Jack White song. What's also interesting: that guitar. . . remembering when your 12-fret SJ-200 was the subject of some discussion down below on the Gibson Acoustic forum. The thought of what a 12 fret '200 would sound like in person was something that was on the mind since seeing the late Stan Jay of Mandolin Bros. doing a demo with it.

Hope you, and the guitar, have been doing well.

• 3 weeks later...

Never posted anything till now... I've been listening, learning and geting much inspiration off the great musicians in there, but as it seems unfair, here we go.

Nothing fancy, this is a small cover on the fly with the hummy and a zoom h2n of Radiohead "end music".

Sorry as well for my french accent...

• 2 weeks later...

Never posted anything till now... I've been listening, learning and geting much inspiration off the great musicians in there, but as it seems unfair, here we go.

Nothing fancy, this is a small cover on the fly with the hummy and a zoom h2n of Radiohead "end music".

Sorry as well for my french accent...

Quite frankly one of the most captivating voices I've heard in a while, especially once you got into it after a minute or so. I don't know that song but please do more!

Again - exceptionally interesting voice - almost haunting - I'd have sworn you were using voice effects at times, if you don't currently get singing lessons I'd do so, not because you need them but because you might just find with some expert tips you can really take it somewhere. [thumbup]

Quite frankly one of the most captivating voices I've heard in a while, especially once you got into it after a minute or so. I don't know that song but please do more!

Again - exceptionally interesting voice - almost haunting - I'd have sworn you were using voice effects at times, if you don't currently get singing lessons I'd do so, not because you need them but because you might just find with some expert tips you can really take it somewhere. [thumbup]

Aww thank you very much for the kind words. I really think i'm one of those people with no gift at all voice wise, always found mine horrible and used to sing very out of pitch... Some in these forums like Sal have a so nice timber in comparison.

With work it gets better slowly years after years but i need to work on it and you're right lessons would be the way to go. I try to listen to my records and try to correct the pitch afterward till it gets better when i work on a song with the hope it does not hurt the ears but it is not always easy.

Did not used any effect, just hummy and h2n recording.

Thanks very much for listening.

• 2 weeks later...