Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

Original tune here played on a 2011 J185 which is my all purpose go to guitar and is coming along nicely.

Song is a about one of those people who have to be seen with 'celebrities' all the time hoping the spotlight will sneak in their direction!!

https://www.facebook.../pegpowlerband/

I like it,nice song and great performance, well done.

n

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here' s a recording I did with a early 60's J-45, that they had laying around the studio we were recording at. I know they were not the greatest years for Gibson Acoustics, but the thing had tone. With the cheap adjustable bridge and everything!

https://soundcloud.com/flyinhotsaucers/lost-at-sea

Didnt check here for a while, very nice track, easy on the ears, nicely played and singer has a sweet voice which reminds me of the cranberries somewhat.

• 1 month later...

an instrumental composed for my dad...

2013 Hummingbird True Vintage (Custom Shop)

You are damn good on that bird, Howard! Love the sounds you extract out of that beautiful box!

Keep this good work up, Sir.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, since my last video featured my new Martin, I'm making up for it by featuring my 2012 Gibson SJ200 75th Anniversary Golden Age in this video I just did of my cover of Cat Steven's "Moonshadow".

Moonshadow was one of the very first fingerstyle tunes I learned back in the *ahem* Summer of 1972. I'll get it right soon.

Recorded with Rode M5 stereo matched pair of condenser mics, through a Zoom UAC-2 interface to Sonar Platinum and mastered in WavePad Sound Editor. Video produced in Camtasia 9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5fsJClOsto

Nice, Doug......! What kind of pick are you using on the strumming track? Hearing a lot of click in it.......pick click, I reckon it is. Sounds like a relatively thin one.

Thanks, Buck. It is a medium Traynor pick. I like the pick-click, especially on Cat Stevens' stuff. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great Job Drat! One of those songs that just blows me away. And on the perfect instrument for it! Yeah - some songs just sound better with the pick click, when strumming chords. Thanks!

Thanks, 40yrs! Cat loved his J200! One of the things that drew me to Cat's early 70's songs was the sound of that acoustic and the sound of that pick click, especially in songs like Wild World and If I Laugh.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...