Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

Just playing a bit of made up clip here with a six month old strings 12's I have been sampling on my 2011 Custom Hummingbird

Let me know what you think fella's : http://chirb.it/EIzEp3

Cheers! [rolleyes]

Trans Super nice! Liked it all - really liked the first part, simple but a little bit of power behind it, maybe a bit more base and very clean sounding. Super psyched to hear this coming from a hummingbird. ....and as i'm writing it, i'm listening to that first section for a 4th time!

Frank, That was absolutely fantastic. Thanks for posting. It's great knowing such great music can be played on the humble J45.

You've re-kindled a new respect in me for The Blues Player !

Glad you enjoyed what I have to offer. The guitar is a Custom Shop J-35 I got from Gary Burnett at Bee-3 Vintage in Ashville NC back in 1995. Thanks again - Frank Website

• 1 month later...

Okay, since my last video featured my new Martin, I'm making up for it by featuring my 2012 Gibson SJ200 75th Anniversary Golden Age in this video I just did of my cover of Cat Steven's "Moonshadow".

Moonshadow was one of the very first fingerstyle tunes I learned back in the *ahem* Summer of 1972. I'll get it right soon.

Recorded with Rode M5 stereo matched pair of condenser mics, through a Zoom UAC-2 interface to Sonar Platinum and mastered in WavePad Sound Editor. Video produced in Camtasia 9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5fsJClOsto

Very nice Doug! I remember you playing this at the store and jamming there with you!

• 1 month later...

Here's a video/audio of a new piece of music I wrote this past winter. I also took the photos that accompany the music. It's called "Palm Tree". I wrote it on my Epiphone EL-00 and also decided to record it, playing that guitar, too. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think of it!

Click here for the video/audio of "Palm Tree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcnweoHHoZ4

QM aka "Jazzman" Jeff

Edited by QuestionMark

• 3 weeks later...

This is a song called Spring Wind... Its a Greg Brown song.

I hope you like it... it's my Gibson J50.

https://soundcloud.c...ham/spring-wind

There is a part in the middle where I am humming. Off key perhaps. Im holding a place on the reel for a harmonica track. I just have to buy one in the key of B.

Edited by ThemisSal

And this one is an original I wrote - called Bay Ridge Mile... about the bars and places my buddy and I play for in Bay Ridge Brooklyn. At one point Bay Ridge was known for most bars per square mile... and its where I grew up.

Very nice T-Sal, my wife asked if that was Mark Knopfler - I told her it wasn't such a hack. Really like your originals!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On another thread, someone mentioned giving up smoking - this is one i wrote when i was 12 days in to giving up... caffeine. In honor of anyone giving up anything - one day at a time my friend! I call it 'Itch'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Qakybyx_4

What’s that recorded with bill ?

There’s no way that’s recorded live with just a phone is there ?

Sounds great

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this is great

here's my acoustic EP - well me and my mate.

a 64 country western was used on tracks 1,2 and 5

53 lg 2 on track 3

a levin goliath on track 4

a furch ga 23 cc on track 6 (since sold)

would love to see what you guys think

Andy

Would like too, but i'm too lazy to connect to Spotify [blush]

• 1 month later...

Man of Constant Sorrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y0a2QLuMAk

I'm more proud of choosing then finding then importing this guitar myself.

To get one of these, I decided I wanted this guitar type (parlor guitar) which meant very quickly throwing myself into studying these, and by study, I mean; listening to all sorts of YouTube & Instagram videos of different makes to pin point the tone I was seeking.

Then, after a little while, I found the brand and era I wanted....

Then finding one to buy was half the battle.

I finally settled on this one selling in a NYC guitar store based on the Lower East Side, and had this shipped to me in London.

This was the first time I'd ever imported anything into my country directly (apart from a souvenir or two from overseas travel), this was the first time I had actually imported anything in my life, and with that, came the import duty I had to pay.

Since I paid that import duty, my guitar has been ready for the EU/European market, and has been ever since late January / early February 2018.

It's not a Gibson but it's a cool sounding guitar nonetheless, built in Chicago, my 1951 Stella H929

I bought three guitars that week. Two Stella acoustics (both imported, both from America). And technically my first purchase that week for the three guitars I bought; a rare 1950's Parlour guitar from Sicily that I adore I found by fluke in my town's local guitar shop in Croydon in South London... - I think I pulled the trigger on this H929 that night or the night/day after...

This Stella H929 is my 'Go To' acoustic guitar today.

It sort of lives (unofficially) next to my two Gibsons (my avatar pic), leaning on a speaker; and I do pick it up play from time to time - and that's why it's not with the others, in the multi guitar wrack I have... I like it where it is because it's easy to get to/at reach -- I mean, the rest aren't terribly hard to get to, but it's just there next to my Gibsons.

- I ran around town with that rare Italian parlour guitar though.

I had it for an evening and a night then went to bed with a plan for it...

I took it to my guitar guy/Feline Guitars who're also in town, and booked it in there to be fixed (minor repair/hairline crack + TLC) as I ordered the one I was on getting (then went on to get/the one in that video).

This video was recorded the day I got my very first capo, which I got for it/this H929.

Like a week after it arrived and I was juggling 2/3 guitars waiting on the third guitar to arrive/already buying the things I needed/wanted for it, like this way cool guitar strap I jumped on at the same local Croydon shop that sold me my Italian Parlour from the early 1950's.

It's even the same age as my Stella H929, so both of my parlor/parlour guitars are cool in that they're identical in type and age, but different, and both way cool guitars.

Edited by LWAG