Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

I played last week at an open mic associated with a local arts center event - the first time I've played any of my stuff publicly in 11 years. The iPhone recording this picked up more crowd noise than would be ideal, but if you turn it up and listen to it through earbuds or headphones it's pretty close to how it was live -

There are also these songs from 2014, which I just realized I never posted here. You'll need to turn the sound way up on these, the iPad's mic was a touch too far away for ideal audio ...

As always, 2005 J-45 Historic Collection, stock Fishman Matrix Natural pickup, playing barehanded with John Pearse Pure Nickel 12-54s.

Edited by rustystrings

• 2 weeks later...

I played last week at an open mic associated with a local arts center event - the first time I've played any of my stuff publicly in 11 years. The iPhone recording this picked up more crowd noise than would be ideal, but if you turn it up and listen to it through earbuds or headphones it's pretty close to how it was live -

These were great ! That 45 is at home in your hands, nice songs are pouring out of it - don't ever get rid of that guitar.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This song was written some time back. This is an acoustic demo version. The electric version with two totally different guitar solos is "unavailable" up in Alaska. Took about 15 minutes for us to write this on a Christmas Night. Not a Christmas song, but a "Love Gone Wrong" song. 🙂

• Like 1