Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

Might be a good idea. Same thing with the saddle, string, pins sector.

Two Q.'s here :

The - in my opinion - very important acoustic samples, A-B tests, all the good people who set sounds to sights by playing certain riffs, then picking, then strumming a certain model etc.

Do they count as performances or demonstrations ?

Is it possible for a person with an audio-clip with f.x. a 90's J-45 to deliver his bit on a '90's vs. 00's J-45s' thread ?

Thanks a lot for sharing guys, you each have our own style and thats why I enjoyed it so much !

Rob - loved your blues noodling and all that Dove love, what a beauty !

Matt- amazing setting and playing, inspires me to finally take fingerstyle seriously..

Wily - the classics really suit your style and you do it well, i need to speak to my singer about adding an Elvis number into our set possibly

Mr Gibs - really, really enjoyed your original composition and your voice. Great songwrting and i can definitely hear the Balkan influene. Amazing SJ-200, that goes without saying.

Thanks for sharing, theyre all different and inspiring in their own way, lets keep them coming folks !

As for me here is a link to our vids, pics and covers includig one with Mrs Euroaussie.

And one pic from our firs gig sometime back from the beer capital of the world - probably seems fitting..

http://www.reverbnation.com/taylorprague

cheers.

Mark

Thanks a lot Matt ! I must say we really do enjoying taking interesting songs and covering the acoustically, across all genres.

We've had a big NYE show tonite where we will play three sets and learned a whole buch of new tracks over the xmas break, looking foward to unleashing them tonite in our favourite bar !

cheers.

Mark

ps EuroAussie, I almost missed your link. They are all very great individual slants on well known songs msp_thumbup.gif Reverbnation is a great site, i should probably spend more time on there than places like here!! LOL

Matt

Thanks a lot Matt ! I must say we really do enjoying taking interesting songs and covering the acoustically, across all genres.

We've had a big NYE show tonite where we will play three sets and learned a whole buch of new tracks over the xmas break, looking foward to unleashing them tonite in our favourite bar !

cheers.

Mark

good luck to you tonight! I wish I could watch - seriously...

One of my heroes, the pianist Glen Gould, said if you were going to play a piece that someone else has written, then it was a waste of time doing it the same, as it has already been done and people would want the original anyway, so give it your own signature! msp_thumbup.gif

Happy new year!

Krassi, as always, great job! But then I always enjoy listening to you.

Wiley, I've heard you before, and I already knew you could work your way around a guitar... but GREAT job.

I'm wondering if all the comments about the postings are going to take up too much space... so we end up with a 200 page thread with a smattering of performances..... but it's hard not to comment when you enjoy seeing someone perform, and it's such a personal thing to do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKSrmGZ-eMw

• Like 1

I'm wondering if all the comments about the postings are going to take up too much space... so we end up with a 200 page thread with a smattering of performances..... but it's hard not to comment when you enjoy seeing someone perform, and it's such a personal thing to do!

Maybe a PM to the performer would be a good way to show appreciation ?

Well (gulp), why not? [blush]

I take myself out to a weekly open mic at a pub in downtown Asheville.

One of my daughters took this vid last Wednesday (both songs are my originals), and the guys playing along are some of the other Weds night regulars. One of these days, we vow to actually practice, but we never fail to have a great time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV2-iuiUuRQ

My other daughter helps out on the chorus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5q48CfqlZY

• Upvote 2

Anne... Thank you for that.. a most heartfelt performance. Considering the venue, it all comes across very nicely. The screen behind adds a

good effect; I'd like to hear that in a smaller setting with some living room-friendly percussion.

And how cool is being able to make music with your own daughter(?)... I could only imagine; sowing the seeds for music and art at home. Nice.

A happy New Year to all. SB.

Mr Gibs, was that an original piece? Either way it was really well played and I loved your tone changes with the right hand. Is that pick up recommended? What would it sound like on a nylon guitar? Sorry for the bombardment of questions...

Hi there ;-) Happy New Year!

This is a collaboration original. The lyrics are written by Nazim Hikmet (a turkish communist poet in 1955 - ot the tenth anniversary of the Hiroshima atom bomb explosion). This translation in english is not a very exaxct, but there are several songs based ot just that translation (made - I suppose - by Janette Turner).

For some reason I never knew this poetry, nor the songs until last week, when I found this poetry in the facebook notes of a bulgarian woman-poet - a facebook friend of mine. I was so impressed that I decided to make a song and the next day I made the song for some two hours. Later on I understood that there are songs on those words - even "The Birds" have a song (I did not know this till 29.12.2010!).

So the answer to the first question is that this song that I posted is my collaboration original.

The second question - about the pick - well - I can not play well without a pick on the SJ 200. So I use it. First I recorded this song with my other guitar fingerpicking, but I liked more the pick version with my "M-R GIBS" - a very powerfull guitar and that's how I posted the version with the pick.

About what this song would sound like on a nylon strins guitar - I'll have the answer in (let's say) two months when I'll et my new baby from the luthier - a concert classical custom made for me. The real translation of the lyrics is not just that wich I used for my song. The exact translation of what the poet Nazim Hikmed wrote is:

Kiz Cocugu Little Girl

Kapilari calan benim It's me who knocks

kapilari birer birer. the doors one by one.

Gozunuze gorunemem You can't see me

goze gorunmez oluler. --the deads are invisible.

Hirosima'da oleli It has been around ten years

oluyor bir on yil kadar. since I've dead in Hiroshima.

Yedi yasinda bir kizim, I'm seven years old

buyumez olu cocuklar. --dead children do not grow.

Saclarim tutustu once, First my hair caught fire,

gozlerim yandi kavruldu. my eyes burnt.

Bir avuc kul oluverdim, I've turned into a handful of ash,

kulum havaya savruldu. and that was scattered into the air.

Benim sizden kendim icin I don't ask you for anything

hicbir sey istedigim yok. for myself.

Seker bile yiyemez ki A child who burns like a piece of paper

kagit gibi yanan cocuk. cannot eat even candy, anyway.

Caliyorum kapinizi I knock your door,

teyze, amca, bir imza ver. dear lady, dear sir, give me your signature

Cocuklar oldurulmesin so that children won't get killed,

seker de yiyebilsinler. so that they can eat candy.

In the context of your last question - I think that when I try to make this song in turkish language I'll use my new guitar and will make it fingerpicking and in a more tender way...

Hi there ;-) Happy New Year!

This is a collaboration original. The lyrics are written by Nazim Hikmet (a turkish communist poet in 1955 - ot the tenth anniversary of the Hiroshima atom bomb explosion). This translation in english is not a very exaxct, but there are several songs based ot just that translation (made - I suppose - by Janette Turner).

For some reason I never knew this poetry, nor the songs until last week, when I found this poetry in the facebook notes of a bulgarian woman-poet - a facebook friend of mine. I was so impressed that I decided to make a song and the next day I made the song for some two hours. Later on I understood that there are songs on those words - even "The Birds" have a song (I did not know this till 29.12.2010!).

So the answer to the first question is that this song that I posted is my collaboration original.

The second question - about the pick - well - I can not play well without a pick on the SJ 200. So I use it. First I recorded this song with my other guitar fingerpicking, but I liked more the pick version with my "M-R GIBS" - a very powerfull guitar and that's how I posted the version with the pick.

About what this song would sound like on a nylon strins guitar - I'll have the answer in (let's say) two months when I'll et my new baby from the luthier - a concert classical custom made for me. The real translation of the lyrics is not just that wich I used for my song. The exact translation of what the poet Nazim Hikmed wrote is:

Kiz Cocugu Little Girl

Kapilari calan benim It's me who knocks

kapilari birer birer. the doors one by one.

Gozunuze gorunemem You can't see me

goze gorunmez oluler. --the deads are invisible.

Hirosima'da oleli It has been around ten years

oluyor bir on yil kadar. since I've dead in Hiroshima.

Yedi yasinda bir kizim, I'm seven years old

buyumez olu cocuklar. --dead children do not grow.

Saclarim tutustu once, First my hair caught fire,

gozlerim yandi kavruldu. my eyes burnt.

Bir avuc kul oluverdim, I've turned into a handful of ash,

kulum havaya savruldu. and that was scattered into the air.

Benim sizden kendim icin I don't ask you for anything

hicbir sey istedigim yok. for myself.

Seker bile yiyemez ki A child who burns like a piece of paper

kagit gibi yanan cocuk. cannot eat even candy, anyway.

Caliyorum kapinizi I knock your door,

teyze, amca, bir imza ver. dear lady, dear sir, give me your signature

Cocuklar oldurulmesin so that children won't get killed,

seker de yiyebilsinler. so that they can eat candy.

In the context of your last question - I think that when I try to make this song in turkish language I'll use my new guitar and will make it fingerpicking and in a more tender way...

cheers for sharing that with me, those are lovely and such sad words, I also wanted to ask if that was a seymore duncan pick up - like a woody maybe?

I can feel your excitement of getting your guitar made. There is nothing quite like having a one of a kind instrument made by a person!