Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

How thrilling to get insight to your version of the wild wave back then.You guys definitely stood in zenith. The 'so close to Candlestick Park' incident must have been almost impossible to bear, , , uuaaakk ! Still the adventure raged on and the drama connected to the hair vs. school tells it all. That hair thing - nothing less than a banner, a weapon meant to gain and defend freedom - was just as important as the music. Though just a 7-8-9 year old kid, I remember fighting for every half inch down the forehead myself, and how it became necessary to wear some mad hat all New Years Eve after one X-mas when the scissors ended up winning the battle. Can't believe young people of today realize how serious this appeared to be - to be frank it was the state before life and death. So of course was the outfit and electrified beat.

Look forward to a little back-stage anecdote or 2.

We were excited about being asked to open for the Beatles at Candlestick Park, but we didn't know it was going to be The Beatle's last tour date at the time, (we would have been a trivia answer!). We were given tickets to the concert, and we all went. The Army Band from The Presidio opened with the National Anthem, (they were the Local 6 band the Musician's Union demanded), and I don't recall the order, but Procal Harem, Hollies, and Cyrkle, (understand...my mind wasn't stellar back then), and of course the Beatles. There was an armored car parked in front of the stage, and we all thought The Beatles were in it...but they came out from the dugout. When they finished, the Fab Four got in the armored car and were driven out of Candlestick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUuaWfFIEAo

The link worked..yay! I enjoyed this alot.

As for being "worthy" of posting on YouTube...First, even if there were YouTube standards out there, you'd have nothing to worry about. Second, a person can create an "unlisted" link, where you can share the link, as can people you share it with, but the vid isn't otherwise public. I kinda like that option, myself.

But I like your photobucket site, too, and will check it out from time to time...so keep 'em coming. [thumbup]

That's very nice of you to say, Anne. I'll continue to figure out the recorder I have, and will work at getting some stuff uploaded. I enjoy recording the stuff, and I've never let not being able to sing well, stop me from singing!

But, there's nothing like recording to MAKE you clean up your songs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwXg589Ppxs

Okay, so here's a link to a flash-based player that contains a slew of songs I've written, all save one within the last 18 months. I can't explain the recent out-put, and it's not a little confusing to me, like "Where has this been all my life, and what the heck is it for??"

http://www.ilike.com/player?url=%252Fplayer%252Fartist_featured_songs%253Fartist_name%3DAnne%252BRachel

After much trepidation, I decided to post this, in part because I don't know what else to do with these except to invite people to try 'em out and in part because I've so thoroughly enjoyed all the performances posted in this thread. Lovers of guitars know the impulse to "make music," whether it's working up a personal take on an old song or listening closely as a brand new one arrives, quite literally, in your lap. (Something about that guitar, tucked up and humming against a body like that...)

Anyway, this seems like a good place to take a chance like this.

So, it's not the peformance aspect that I'm wanting to highligh here--far from it. In fact, more than half of these are the first-take recordings--the ones I made so I wouldn't forget the song the next day. (A couple sport an extra track or two, but even those are..well, "homemade," shall we say? [scared] ) At best I'm an acquired taste, I know, and my playing is barely (but supremely) adequate. But I hope my 45+ years of loving and needing to play the guitar is the best secret ingredient of all...

Poke around if you have time on your hands (but remember, you can never get the time back! [tongue] ), and thanks for the use of the hall.

Anne

I tried the new way you posted above and if I go to 'play all' the same thing comes up "Sorry, this playlist doesn't have any playable songs :-( " and if I go to the tracks individually, the little window comes up but there isn't an option to play. I went to the sites itunes link and it goes to itunes store but says "your search showed no results..."

In a relaxed cool way I started off clicking the link thinking "this will be good, i wonder what these are like" now I can't have them I am like "I REALLY WANT TO HEAR THOSE SONGS!!!' msp_scared.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Matt

Drat! ](*,) Well, there's nothing actually at the itunes store (that's just filler, I guess), but the song links work on my end. As far as you know, are you generally able to open Flash-based applications? Some Mac devices don't support Flash, but I've heard others do.

And now I really want you to hear them, too! 8-[ Not sure what Plan B might be, besides monkeying with pics and trying youtube from there. Hmmm...

Drat! ](*,) Well, there's nothing actually at the itunes store (that's just filler, I guess), but the song links work on my end. As far as you know, are you generally able to open Flash-based applications? Some Mac devices don't support Flash, but I've heard others do.

And now I really want you to hear them, too! 8-[ Not sure what Plan B might be, besides monkeying with pics and trying youtube from there. Hmmm...

Anne, I have a cunning plan, send the mp3 to my email msp_thumbup.gifxxx

Ok guys, here's the deal. I haven't made a video or got a YouTube thingy, but I recorded a song. I used my SJ TV. I played both the rythymn and lead parts. I also sang lead and the harmony parts. It was mixed on my buddy's computer (CakeWalk or Sonar). I have the CD here with me. How can I get it from this CD in my hand to you guys here on the Forum? I think the recording is decent, but I guess thats up to ya'll! I'm just a guitar picker, not a computer geek. So if ya'll can help me out, you can hear what I sound like!

Ok guys, here's the deal. I haven't made a video or got a YouTube thingy, but I recorded a song. I used my SJ TV. I played both the rythymn and lead parts. I also sang lead and the harmony parts. It was mixed on my buddy's computer (CakeWalk or Sonar). I have the CD here with me. How can I get it from this CD in my hand to you guys here on the Forum? I think the recording is decent, but I guess thats up to ya'll! I'm just a guitar picker, not a computer geek. So if ya'll can help me out, you can hear what I sound like!

I can't help you, but I can't wait to hear it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_aydUi1cDo

Can't wait to hear it, either!

Now, if your buddy can use recording software, then he's perhaps the best guy to help you. First, he should be able to save/convert his file as either a .wav or a .mp3. Then, he can use Windows Movie Maker (or whatever Mac's equivalent is for this), add the audio file and any ol' picture, which will let him save the whole thing in a format that could then be uploaded to youtube. (If you all get that far but neither of you has a youtube thingy:rolleyes: , well...let's take just one step at a time.)

Or, see if you can copy the file from the cd to your computer's hard drive (not just play it as media, but look for the file on it, like you'd look for a file on any other kind of drive). It could be he didn't include the project file OR an mp3, but if he did, you could always attach it to an email and send it to me. I'll do the youtube two-step for you, then post a link here for all.

Don't know if that's helpful or even MORE confusing... let me know if I can help, though. I want to HEAR it!!

Now, if your buddy can use recording software, then he's perhaps the best guy to help you. First, he should be able to save/convert his file as either a .wav or a .mp3. Then, he can use Windows Movie Maker (or whatever Mac's equivalent is for this), add the audio file and any ol' picture, which will let him save the whole thing in a format that could then be uploaded to youtube. (If you all get that far but neither of you has a youtube thingy:rolleyes: , well...let's take just one step at a time.)

Or, see if you can copy the file from the cd to your computer's hard drive (not just play it as media, but look for the file on it, like you'd look for a file on any other kind of drive). It could be he didn't include the project file OR an mp3, but if he did, you could always attach it to an email and send it to me. I'll do the youtube two-step for you, then post a link here for all.

Don't know if that's helpful or even MORE confusing... let me know if I can help, though. I want to HEAR it!!

Gads Anne.... This is why I play ACOUSTIC guitar.... I can't process all the computer stuff.... I'm and old man and a mic is pretty high-tech to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKAUX3Wb33A

Hey Anne! I did succeed in converting it to an MP3 file. Even made a movie with Windows Movie Maker (just a picture with the music added). Still can't get it here or YouTube. I'll keep trying!

Hey Anne! I did succeed in converting it to an MP3 file. Even made a movie with Windows Movie Maker (just a picture with the music added). Still can't get it here or YouTube. I'll keep trying!

Awesome...almost there! You'll need to upload it to either youtube or photobucket (I suppose there are others), but you'll just have to sign up for a free account (if you don't have one), and then up follow theirs instructions for uploading.

Holler if you need help![thumbup] Can't wait!

OK, hope this works! It's my first audio clip (gulp!) I played my True Vintage Southern Jumbo for the rythymn and lead parts, sang lead vocal and harmony. Mixed it at my friend's house who plays guitar with me in the bluegrass band. The lead guitar part in the background is also the SJ/TV but with Hall#1 Reverb added. The pic in the video is my SJ/TV. Hope ya'll like it!

OK, hope this works! It's my first audio clip (gulp!) I played my True Vintage Southern Jumbo for the rythymn and lead parts, sang lead vocal and harmony. Mixed it at my friend's house who plays guitar with me in the bluegrass band. The lead guitar part in the background is also the SJ/TV but with Hall#1 Reverb added. The pic in the video is my SJ/TV. Hope ya'll like it!

Larry... BRAVO! Great job! How I wish I could sing harmony. I'm hoping you'll post much more!

Is that REALLY your very first music post?

LOVE the TV Southern Jumbo!

Bob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVGwhs0LX8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khjGrNraIJg

sorry to use expletives but that was ******* beautiful!

Larry... BRAVO! Great job! How I wish I could sing harmony. I'm hoping you'll post much more!

Is that REALLY your very first music post?

LOVE the TV Southern Jumbo!

Bob

First one EVER. I just sing and play live all the time. Never did any recording at all. Or posting any!

Oh, man...SO worth the wait!! That's awesome!

Thanks for bringing it to us, Larry. (Sound of clamoring--"More, more!!"eusa_clap.gif )