Gibson Brands Forums

MCK issue

gaIchu

A few days ago, The front of my MCK (grey knob cover/button/black grid that holds the MCK button and cover in place) popped out when I stuck it out for tuning. I can reassemble it, but the black grid looks like it's broken in a way causing it to pop off again easily. Is there any way to order a new black grid without having to buy a new MCK?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Bumping a long-ago thread, but I believe I'm looking at the same issue. Pulled the MCK to tune up, and the silver piece came completely off. I can put it back together, but I apparently can't get it lined up just right because the button portion won't depress and reset now. I'm guessing that this isn't covered under warranty, per bullet #9:

"Any factory installed electronics after a period of one (I) year following the original date of purchase."

Thoughts on a fix? I'm afraid to take it back to the store from where I purchased it in '09 I belive, but that may be my only option.

I've replied to your post on MLP.

Should anyone else wish to view that thread, please follow the link in my sig.

The thread's in the Les Paul section (just use the 'Search' function if it's out of date by then).

I rarely come over here any more as MLP has more (useful) traffic.

• 3 years later...

Archived