Gibson Brands Forums

It's Coming ! Custom Shop J-45

Always_Black

I had to move this post from the original "How to order a custom" thread.....I couldn't wait for some replies !

HOLY SHIIIIITE !

You will not believe the incredible surprise I received today.......no, I did not get the guitar......YET !

But, my beautiful, incredible, loving, and spectacular fiance showed me the receipt for the order. Yep. She ordered the guitar....get this, a full month before I even started this thread. How did she know? She's been listening.

Here is what she ordered (all on her own....and she knows nothing, absolutely nothing about guitars):

Custom Shop J-45, Ebony Finish, Ebony Fretboard, Ebony Bridge, White binding (neck and body), Abolone Rosette, and cusom inlays (diamonds from the AJ), and custom diamond inlay headstock, black pickguard.

If you ask me, I think she did an incredible job putting the order together ! ! ! ! ! ! It should certainly be one of a kind.

It should arrive somewhere around end of October. I will certainly post pics !

Congrats Always Black! I was imagining the guitar as you described it and it's beautiful!! I'm not sure why you had to refer to the ancient Biblical tribe, the Shiites, now extinct, but whatever works. As to your fiance, she's proven herself to be a Saint, or perhaps and Angel and as such is not permitted to marry. Sorry. At least you'll have a great guitar as a reminder of this great, great miracle!!

Cmon I was not born yesterday, no fiance on the face of this earth is that smart If they were they wouldnt be getting married (ask the six that still retain my surname). Admit it, you left more hints than the number of bear droppings in Yellowstone. Moreover, by accepting that geet theres no room for the "too tired to go out tonight...bad day at the office" routine.

All kidding aside, I too am partial to all black. My local geet shop has the John Cash Martin.............very, very nice.

Congrats on the engagement and the fine guitar.

Archived