Gibson Brands Forums

The girlfriend........

Todd Wilson

Todd.jpg

Here's a pic of my girlfriend.....she's a Hummingbird Artist series. I liked the way the cherry burst it has is a little closer to models from the sixties, and I guess I could pretty much take or leave the traditional pick guard, but it sounds great!

Got a buddy who plays acoustic sets all over who played it a few weeks ago, told me ever since then he's been wanting one. He plays a Larivee, that I have played that is a very good guitar.

I mostly play delta blues...... it takes to a slide very well, and some classic rock, whether it's acoustic or not. And while I'm bad enough in standard tuning, I really like playing with alternate tunings.

Todd.jpg

Here's a pic of my girlfriend.....she's a Hummingbird Artist series. I liked the way the cherry burst it has is a little closer to models from the sixties' date=' and I guess I could pretty much take or leave the traditional pick guard, but it sounds great!

Got a buddy who plays acoustic sets all over who played it a few weeks ago, told me ever since then he's been wanting one. He plays a Larivee, that I have played that is a very good guitar.

I mostly play delta blues...... it takes to a slide very well, and some classic rock, whether it's acoustic or not. And while I'm bad enough in standard tuning, I really like playing with alternate tunings.[/quote']

Great looking guitar Todd... but the girlfriend holding it?!?!?!?! =D> (just kidding, I call all my shaply guitars girls also)

Guit tars have female spirits. That's why us guys love 'em... even to the exclusion of female companionship.

Of all the things I left my childhood home with, My Epi FT145SB is the only thing I still have.

Guit tars

Dogs

Women

In that order.

Guit tars have female spirits. That's why us guys love 'em... even to the exclusion of female companionship.

Of all the things I left my childhood home with' date=' My Epi FT145SB is the only thing I still have.

Guit tars

Dogs

Women

In that order.[/quote']

Agreed.

BTW Todd, that's a beautiful 'bird you have.

Women

Houses

Cars

The three biggest wastes of time and money.

In that order.

But' date=' you can't live without any of them.

I know I'm gonna get reamed on this one.

[/quote']

Whew.... I was hoping that Guitars were not on that list!!! Money wasters for sure, but the time I spend with mine is what makes the other 3 things you list tolerable! (just kidding, I really like my house and car!) :-$

Women

Houses

Cars

The three biggest wastes of time and money.

In that order.

But' date=' you can't live without any of them.

I know I'm gonna get reamed on this one.

[/quote']

If you're not, you ought to be. Maybe you should change your screen name to womanbasher? :-$

Where's Gilliangirl?

Gearbasher,

I'm sensing some pent up hostility there on your part. Now remember, we attract what we put out there soooooooooo..... maybe a slight adjustment upward in your attitude would be helpful. Are you putting good vibes out????? :-D

G-girl

I hate to steal Todds thread, but....

No hostility what-so-ever.

Remember, life is a joke. Gotta keep clowning around. I figured I would get a rise out of someone. Hence, my "I'm gonna get reamed on this one" line.

Of the three, I would dump the house and get a condo, but my current situation keeps me from doing that.

As far as the car, I love my little baby ('60 Volvo). But, she does take a lot of time, energy (I do all the work myself) and money to keep her running and looking good. I really don't need to have her, but I'll keep her as long as I can.

As far as women go: I treat 'em too good (if that's possible). I give 110% and only expect 10% back. But, lately I can't even get that. A long time ago, I broke up with a woman and she said; "You will never find another girl that will treat you as good as I do." I don't know whether that was a prediction or a curse, but she was right.

I am cursed. People tend to like me. And, no matter how hard I try, I can't stop it. But, I do try. (Can't you tell by some of my posts)

Love to go on, but I would need to move to England if I make this response any longer.

Please excuse us, Todd, while GB and I have this out.

GB,

I totally get the car thing. I drive an '84 Mazda RX7 (which I love). It is constantly in need of repair and parts aren't cheap, if you can get them. I had to wait 4 weeks for a master cylinder just a month or so back. Totally get the car thing.

I don't get the house vs condo thing because then you have to pay condo fees and hope that your next door neighbour isn't shoving socks (or worse) down the plumbing system.

Re the woman thing, I get that too (sort of). But you really have to remain upbeat and drop the baggage. Think 'Laws of attraction' here, put yourself in a target-rich environment, and make sure they all know that you have respect for them AND respect for yourself. If you think that woman set the wheels in motion with her statement, that will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. You gotta ditch that notion right now! Women pick up on subtleties and nuances (intuition) and if you're putting out an attitude, they'll be all over that, AND telling their friends! Expect the best for yourself. Put the best out there, and expect the best in return.

G-girl,

Man, I am having so much fun with this.

Who needs a woman. I can make myself miserable.

Woman are like children. They're fun to play with, but I wouldn't want to own one.

If you're wife is screaming at the front door and your dog is barking at the back door. who do you let in?

The dog, because he'll shut up once he gets inside.

Ok, now that I have you convinced I'm a complete horror, let me say this. As I said before, people tend to like me. Two women friends (I've know for years and never dated) who are now married, always tell me that they wished that they had married me. The woman that "put the curse" on me, though she is now married, still keeps in contact (too much for my liking) and hints at getting back together (not subtlety either). There is a female cyclist among the group I ride with who won't leave me alone. I can go on.

I treat women pretty darn good.

Believe me, I have nothing but respect for them. I can make all the jokes (like the ones above) in the world, and if you knew me, you would know that I don't mean it.

Now to open another can of worms. I'm attracted to the one's that don't want me. OK...FIRE AWAY!

Time out! G. Girl, I make a supportive statement and it's ignored. On the otherhand ...........

and so forth. Just no figuring! edit: beautiful guitar you have by the way.

Steve

edit: I'm looking at "Doc's" reply below and thinking, 'awl, that wasn't very nice , Doc'.

Re: Gettin' Women

"Desperation is the worst cologne"

Oh, and with a nice guitar and a decent voice, you can pick up girls everywhere. I suggest Texas, where the women are stunning. But you could also go to Scotland if ugly chicks are your thing....O:)

G-girl

I hate to steal Todds thread' date=' but....

No hostility what-so-ever.

Remember, life is a joke. Gotta keep clowning around. I figured I would get a rise out of someone. Hence, my "I'm gonna get reamed on this one" line.

Of the three, I would dump the house and get a condo, but my current situation keeps me from doing that.

As far as the car, I love my little baby ('60 Volvo). But, she does take a lot of time, energy (I do all the work myself) and money to keep her running and looking good. I really don't need to have her, but I'll keep her as long as I can.

As far as women go: I treat 'em too good (if that's possible). I give 110% and only expect 10% back. But, lately I can't even get that. A long time ago, I broke up with a woman and she said; "You will never find another girl that will treat you as good as I do." I don't know whether that was a prediction or a curse, but she was right.

I am cursed. People tend to like me. And, no matter how hard I try, I can't stop it. But, I do try. (Can't you tell by some of my posts)

Love to go on, but I would need to move to England if I make this response any longer.

[/quote']

You would be extremely welcome in England Gearbasher. If you're waiting for the snide remark, there isn't one my friend. Just an Englishman being nice, and brief!

Bye

Archived