Gibson Brands Forums

New Back To Back Covers!

Tman5293

Hey man, they both sound excellent. [thumbup] Also, good work on the tones in these two--you pretty much "nailed" the tones in "Day Tripper," and the tone you used in "The Ocean" was great as well, although not quite Page-tone.

Just one tip on "Day Tripper," for future reference--I liked the way you played it, but on the recording the main riff always ran just a little smoother. It sounds very staccato in your take on it.

Anyway, I have nothing left to add. They both sounded swell, and keep up the great work.

...Oh, and not wanting to hijack here, but I think (since you like Jimi so much) that you might be interested in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIbRgVQMjbQ&feature=related

[biggrin][thumbup]

Hey man, they both sound excellent. [thumbup] Also, good work on the tones in these two--you pretty much "nailed" the tones in "Day Tripper," and the tone you used in "The Ocean" was great as well, although not quite Page-tone.

Just one tip on "Day Tripper," for future reference--I liked the way you played it, but on the recording the main riff always ran just a little smoother. It sounds very staccato in your take on it.

Anyway, I have nothing left to add. They both sounded swell, and keep up the great work.

...Oh, and not wanting to hijack here, but I think (since you like Jimi so much) that you might be interested in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIbRgVQMjbQ&feature=related

[biggrin][thumbup]

Thanks!

I had no idea that Jimi did a cover of Day Tripper! That was cool! msp_thumbup.gif

Good work Tman5293.

Can you please refresh my memory as to where you picked up the backtracks?

The Ocean is one of my favorite Zep tunes. I'd like to see how I do with it and if I can work my head around recording it I will.

Thanks

Dave

Excellent. Hope you find a mic you're happy with (oh, and that the price is good.) :)

Actually, I was talking to my guitar teacher yesterday and he was asking me how I was recording those covers. When I told him that I was using a direct line into my PC, his exact words went something like this:

"Well $hit! That just wont due. We're gonna have to fix that!"

So he said that he would "donate a mic to my cause." He said he's got some Shure 57 and 58's that he has no need for. So he said he wouldn't have any problem letting me have one.

Actually, I was talking to my guitar teacher yesterday and he was asking me how I was recording those covers. When I told him that I was using a direct line into my PC, his exact words went something like this:

So he said that he would "donate a mic to my cause." He said he's got some Shure 57 and 58's that he has no need for. So he said he wouldn't have any problem letting me have one.

Huh!

Well then...lucky break for you! [thumbup]

I use the 57, great mic, you're gonna love it.

Archived