Gibson Brands Forums

Labor Day Deal on J-45 in Vintage Sunburst at local GC

geelinus

If anyone is looking for a new J-45, the Guitar Center in Canton, MI has one today only for $1000 (no case) that has two tiny laquer buildup spots (resemble small bits of glue) on the top. These really are not much and surely can be fixed easily. There were no other issues that i could find.

If I didn't already have a wonderful J-45, I'd have snapped it up.

The "no case" is this area's G.C. very favorite trick. Then' date=' you can pay $158.00 for a totally empty non-Gibson case.

Steve[/quote']

A couple years ago I was in GC in Eugene, Oregon spending some time with a bubinga J-100. The young manager noticed I'd been spending more time with it than others and got out his calculator. He said it had been there a while and after punching a few keys, gave me a discounted price. Then added, oh, there is no case. I think someone came in and wanted one so they sold it to them. Sounds like a common practice at GC.

I bought my SJ-200 from GC in 2001. When it came time to pay up they informed me that the case was "extra". To which I replied "no case, no deal"

They ended up giving me the case. It was however a lot of bs to go thru when all I wanted, was, to by a guitar.

I will test drive guitars at GC, but I will NEVER buy another guitar from them!! I will even buy online site unseen, before I will buy from them again.

1K for a '45 w/o a case is still a pretty good deal and its 30 minutes from my house. too bad i didn't read til so late in the day.

GG, you're better off driving to bozeman. though, i bet your L&M is pretty fine. the one on bloor in toronto is actually better stocked than the GC in southfield, michigan i like to go to. the acoustic room has every gibson production model all the way up the line.

JG, i concur. there has been the same AJ hanging up at GC for several months and the price has stayed at $1999. those are the ones that like to explode from neglect.

i was in there yesterday with a friend looking for a tele. wandered into the acoustic room (surprise!) and saw the same AJ' date=' J45 and 'bird that have been hanging in there for probably 2 years. the had the same holiday markdown they always have. disappointing. [/quote']

Hell, jannusguy, you need to buy those just to give them some relief...

Archived