DiamondJig

A little sloppy over spray on the stoptail insert

5433548714_8af70cd9eb_z.jpg

The new control board, everything plugs in

5433548750_1b75915ca3_z.jpg

5432935941_46d538ebc7_z.jpg

5432936003_873b57e629_z.jpg

5432936059_ab61798b5d_z.jpg

Here's a pix of a Standard pickguard over a Classic body, the bridge holes are lined up which makes it too long by the neck, it's sitting on top of the neck and you can see the pickup routs don't match

5433548788_faa4cf962d_z.jpg

this one same PG fitted to the neck and the bridge holes don't line up but now the neck pickup does, none of the PG mounting holes line up with the holes in the body

5432935911_c75259b6d9_z.jpg

this is the standard pg over the classic pg

5432936079_41bea97183_z.jpg

classic over the standard pg

5433548814_2e5da07294_z.jpg

A pair of GF soapbar 180's in a Classic

5432935963_4f0a8bf062_z.jpg

Thanks for this useful post, I wondered how the pickups would line up because I could tell there is definitely a difference.

All the Classics I have seen are very well made, I am surprised to see the overspary but it would not bother me.

The new electronics don't bother me as long as the pots are full-sized and the caps can be changed.

Somethings are off about the "Standard" pickguard, the bridge holes are too small and spaced wrong, One of the screw holes are in the wrong place, and the curve of the cutout at the tailpiece end is too shallow. Also the part of the guard that butts up to the end of the neck is too long on yours. Where did you get it, if you don't mind telling?

Your Standard pickguard.

5433548788_faa4cf962d_z.jpg

A real guard from a Gibson SG.

IMG_0091.jpg

Granted, the pickup holes are still different, but as far as bridge studs and screw holes, the SG Classic and Standard pickguards are the same.

I'm thinking it's for an Epi SG. Check out the PDF tracing for a Gibson SG standard pickguard at Terrapin guitars. com you can print one out and compare them. Edit: I looked on the Allparts site, and that's what they list for a Gibson SG full pickguard. Those things are all wrong. If you want a pickguard that FITS go to Terrapin or WDmusic.

Wow so they are making them totally different now. I have two '05 Classics and the Standard pickguard fit exactly. Here's a pic of one of mine:

http://www.adeson.co.uk/Gallery%2044.jpg

I specified exactly a Standard pickguard with no neck pickup cutout. I had to shave off about an 1/8" of wood to get the HB to fit, but that was it. The screw holes all matched up exactly.

I'm thinking it's for an Epi SG. Check out the PDF tracing for a Gibson SG standard pickguard at Terrapin guitars. com you can print one out and compare them. Edit: I looked on the Allparts site, and that's what they list for a Gibson SG full pickguard. Those things are all wrong. If you want a pickguard that FITS go to Terrapin or WDmusic.

I printed out a few and they matchup, thanks

Archived