Gibson Brands Forums

SWD in Anger

albertjohn

not sure whats on the stand. same headstock logo as the swd but it has a dot fretboard. my guess, after extensive study and thought, is the j-185ec (ovankol). i came to this conclusion on my own and did not look it up on the GC website. really, i did. but, in case you were wondering....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-J-185-EC-Ovangkol-Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-515045-i1173803.gc

Guys and gals I bought this DVD its called the Foo Fighters Skin and Bones.

Unbelievable concert. great up close shots of him playing all acoustics( great Gibson shots) and accompianied by more than his standard band for musicians..GREAT GUITAR playing footage and an all around phenominal concert...way out of the norm for the FOO boys....Unplugged! ( well still acoustics plugged in but you know what I mean!)

Definately worth the price of the DVD.. I bought it on Amazon.com

Patrick

Guys and gals I bought this DVD its called the Foo Fighters Skin and Bones.

Unbelievable concert. great up close shots of him playing all acoustics( great Gibson shots) and accompianied by more than his standard band for musicians..GREAT GUITAR playing footage and an all around phenominal concert...way out of the norm for the FOO boys....Unplugged! ( well still acoustics plugged in but you know what I mean!)

Definately worth the price of the DVD.. I bought it on Amazon.com

Patrick

Patrick, I have the cd and agree it's an outstanding collection of songs. I like the acoustic stuff more and when they tone down the heavy stuff to acoustic. e.g Times Like These. Everlong. There's some superb acoustic work on their lastest album too - But Honestly, Let it Die.

I'm learning more and more of his stuff and some of the chords he comes up with you sometimes think " that's not going to work!" but it does.

He's a phenomonal musician and writer (for a drummer!)and despite all the hype surrounding the band (they're massive in the UK) I've heard a few interviews with Dave and he's a very grounded and humble person. All round splendid chap it would seem. I'd even bet he was a cricket fan too.

You may have spotted, I'm a big fan of his work - and his taste in guitars!

Archived