Gibson Brands Forums

post your 1950's gibsons!

ivxxlxxxv

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such beauties!

Thanks. I wish I had better photos, but I didn't take many when I owned those guitars back in the 80's. These were 25 year-old prints that I just scanned into my computer. I think the only other good photos I have are slides.

I posted more scanned images of other guitars in the other two threads (40's Gibsons; 60's Gibsons).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I joined the board last week and posted a story about my 50s L48 (http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/85739-introduction-and-help-identifying-my-50s-acoustic). It doesn't have a serial number or FON so I can't identify the year. I love it nonetheless and play it daily. I need to get it in the shop for a tune up though.

photo1yv.jpg

By mattstrine at 2012-04-13

photokqx.jpg

By mattstrine at 2012-04-13

Some incredible guitars on this board. I'm in awe!

• 2 months later...

I've been a member for a few years but couldn't seem to be able to post anything, so if this works here's a couple shots of my '59 ES345. I first played this guitar in early 1963 when it belonged to a friend, and after he traded it for a new '63 345, it took me another 25 years until it came home to stay with me. My friend still has his '63 ES345 in the original case for my '59 so hopefully he'll be willing to work a deal with me some day.

ES-345_full.jpgES-345_back.jpg

Archived