Gibson Brands Forums

Summer Namm Show 2011

motorcitychick

• 3 weeks later...

Most likely a few new signature Les Pauls from the Custom Shop. This being the 40th anniversary of Duane Allman's death, I hope they put out a tribute goldtop. i would also like to see at some point an Epiphone version of the Johnny A. guitar. I also hope they have started planning for next year (2012) being the 60th anniversary of the Les Paul.

• 2 months later...

Gibson had already put a Duane Allman signature Les Paul a few years ago and Dickey Betts had a gold top Les Paul signature model also. I am waiting for Gibson Custom Shop to put out the George Harrison "Lucy" Les Paul. That would be cool. I waited almost 30 years to get my Marc Bolan Les Paul and the wait was worth it. I love my Gibsons! [love]

• 1 month later...

What they NEED to do, while they upgrade and fix the cosmetics on the SG "reissues" for its 50th anniversary, they could do a special edition Duane SG (the one he got from Dickey) as another SG tribute AND a 40th-tribute to the only Allman guitarist REALLY worth talking about. ;)

H

A Big THANK YOU to Gibson for the event. I especially enjoyed visiting with as many people as I could. I had a GREAT time and got to see Randy Bachman again after WAY too many years. He was/is one of my guitar idols. Back in the early days of The Guess Who, I saw him 14 times. I think I only saw BTO 4 times though. This really shows that some of us old dudes can still rock. B-T was FANTASTIC!!! Check the video of the link below:

Bachman-Turner 7/23/2011 at Gibson Custom Shop

BT.JPG

Archived