Gibson Brands Forums

My First Gibson

rdnzl

I took the plunge. I was killing time at GC this afternoon, and the remainder of my tax return was burning a hole in my pocket, so I played a bunch of guitars. I spotted this Arctic White Les Paul Studio hanging behind the customer service counter, and asked the guy to get it down for me. I then proceeded to plug her into half a dozen or so amps. I liked what I heard, and I liked what I felt, so I bought it.

This ebony fret boarded beauty is a real screamer, that when turned down, can sound pretty mellow too! These pickups are sizzlin' hot, whatever they are. The neck feels really nice, and the setup is pretty darned close to the way I like. The workmanship seems flawless. Frets are very well dressed and the finish is fantastic. I usually don't like gold hardware, but it seems to work on the white.

I think I may have figured out what all the fuss is about! I have seen the light.

Here's a fo-toe:

dsc06158on0.jpg

Thanks guys.

That cat comes a runnin' at the sight of a guitar. Loves to hear me play. I guess there's no accounting for taste!

=D>

I'm really liking this LP. The neck feels great. The pups are hotter than a pistol.

It's got the mojo...

I just ordered mine today. I was looking at a used Alpine white with gold Studio. I asked my local guy what something like that was worth and he said "we are selling them at 1099". The guy was asking 1000 bucks for his. I went down to the store today and ordered a Fireburst with gold. It will not be my first Gibson but it will be my first Gibson Les Paul. I already have an ES335, and an original 1968 SG. A week and a half and I will have it.

They have really come down in price with the Canadian dollar.

Archived