Gibson Guitar Board: $599 Les Paul Junior at Guitar Center - Gibson Guitar Board

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

$599 Les Paul Junior at Guitar Center

#1 User is offline   truetone6 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 29-January 10

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

I went to GC Today and found this

Posted Image



Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Tim Plains 

  • Addict
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8006
  • Joined: 28-January 08

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

Congrats! I'd pay $600 for that.
(Please take that sticker off)
Tim

#3 User is offline   LSAR 

  • Permanent Noob
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 732
  • Joined: 05-July 10
  • LocationManitoba, Canada

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:33 AM

So...is this a new model? Or is it modded? [confused] I love it! HNGD! [thumbup]
____________________________________________________
Guitars:
'12 Fender Newporter Traveler Acoustic
'10 Epi Wilshire Pro (Alpine White) Made in China (Bridge Pup Only)
'10 Epi Les Paul Junior Special Limited Edition (Cherry) Made in Indonesia (Mods: Grover Tuners, EMG 81-X,)
'07 Epi EM-1 R.I.P

Amps:
Vox VT30
Marshall MS-4 Micro Stack (Cab out mod)

____
_____________

#4 User is offline   truetone6 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 29-January 10

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

View Postlets.start.a.riot, on 20 February 2011 - 11:33 AM, said:

So...is this a new model? Or is it modded? [confused] I love it! HNGD! [thumbup]


Yes,this is a new model.I think it is a GC exclusive. They are $599 today and tommorrow at GC.

It has a matt finish,not faded

Posted Image

I copied these gut shots from another forum

The pickup is a modern Gibson pickup,maybe a 498 T ?

Posted Image

It has a push pull coil tap on the tone control. The single coil sound is really good.

Posted Image

neck is 60's profile?

Posted Image

fretboard is torrefied maple?

Posted Image

Comes with the nice padded Gibson gigbag. Not the crappy one that came with the '50 Tribute

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   LSAR 

  • Permanent Noob
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 732
  • Joined: 05-July 10
  • LocationManitoba, Canada

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

Torrified Maple? Whats that? If they're available online and they're not too much more then I've got a feeling one of these will have to be my first Gibson...
____________________________________________________
Guitars:
'12 Fender Newporter Traveler Acoustic
'10 Epi Wilshire Pro (Alpine White) Made in China (Bridge Pup Only)
'10 Epi Les Paul Junior Special Limited Edition (Cherry) Made in Indonesia (Mods: Grover Tuners, EMG 81-X,)
'07 Epi EM-1 R.I.P

Amps:
Vox VT30
Marshall MS-4 Micro Stack (Cab out mod)

____
_____________

#6 User is offline   truetone6 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 29-January 10

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

View Postlets.start.a.riot, on 20 February 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

Torrified Maple? Whats that? If they're available online and they're not too much more then I've got a feeling one of these will have to be my first Gibson...


It is also called Vulcanized Maple. Suhr has VM necks on some guitars

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   LSAR 

  • Permanent Noob
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 732
  • Joined: 05-July 10
  • LocationManitoba, Canada

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

Just googled it...so its maple that's been baked until it looks darker, and that won't absorb any moisture...interesting...
____________________________________________________
Guitars:
'12 Fender Newporter Traveler Acoustic
'10 Epi Wilshire Pro (Alpine White) Made in China (Bridge Pup Only)
'10 Epi Les Paul Junior Special Limited Edition (Cherry) Made in Indonesia (Mods: Grover Tuners, EMG 81-X,)
'07 Epi EM-1 R.I.P

Amps:
Vox VT30
Marshall MS-4 Micro Stack (Cab out mod)

____
_____________

#8 User is offline   DB Cooper 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 189
  • Joined: 18-November 10

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

View Posttruetone6, on 19 February 2011 - 07:28 PM, said:


Posted Image


Very nice family you have there! [thumbup]
DB Cooper

#9 User is offline   truetone6 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 29-January 10

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

View PostDB Cooper, on 20 February 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

Very nice family you have there! [thumbup]


Thanks man! Hey maybe I should paint the Junior red and change the guard to white?

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   MBeshada 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 20
  • Joined: 31-January 11
  • LocationMechanicville, VA

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

Went to my local GC to play a 60's tribute and saw this as I entered the store. The 60's tribute was a worn black. This played SO MUCH better than the 60's tribute, even unplugged. The headstock reads "Les Paul Model" not "Les Paul Junior". They had a yellow and sunburst. I personally liked the burst better. I am going to think on it and maybe head over after work tomorrow.

#11 User is offline   69 Son 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 152
  • Joined: 03-January 11
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:21 AM

The fretboard is rosewood. At least the ones at my local GC are.

It just needs a P-90 and a wrap tailpiece ;)

Awesome feeling neck profile if you like the 60's neck.

2007 SG Special GOTW #30 Ebony
2013 LG-2 American Eagle

#12 User is offline   jnastynebr 

  • SUSPENDED
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1057
  • Joined: 04-February 09
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:06 AM

Beautiful collection of guitars. I would love to have that JR, but just a little constructive criticism: you need some help in the decor department. Those paintings have got to go.
-Kill the poor- DK

#13 User is offline   GuitarAddict 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 21-February 11
  • LocationKushville

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

hello folks, im new here, my GC rep called me on Friday and i checked them out, very cool guitar.
now ive slept on it all weekend, its kind of calling my name.
no specs not on website, none on ebay-i was thinking of getting 2 but i dont wanna just break even on it, after fees..
here is the pic, he said it was a GC exclusive only for this weekend, i dont know how true that is, but here is both
(sorry for the rough pic, taken from my Cliq):
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   truetone6 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 29-January 10

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

View PostGuitarAddict, on 21 February 2011 - 09:13 AM, said:

hello folks, im new here, my GC rep called me on Friday and i checked them out, very cool guitar.
now ive slept on it all weekend, its kind of calling my name.
no specs not on website, none on ebay-i was thinking of getting 2 but i dont wanna just break even on it, after fees..
here is the pic, he said it was a GC exclusive only for this weekend, i dont know how true that is


It's true someone posted this email from Gibson on another forum:

"Thanks for the email, and congrats on your new guitar!! The serial number is consistent with a Les Paul Junior w/humbucker model in Satin Vintage Sunburst finish, made on the 5th day of 2011 in Nashville, TN. This is not a standard production model(this is why it is not on the website), but is available as a Dealer Exclusive piece at www.guitarcenter.com and www.musiciansfriend.com . The pickup is a Gibson 498T. Thanks again, and I hope this helps!"

#15 User is offline   truetone6 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 29-January 10

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:32 AM

FYI: GC Presidents Day Sale Extended to Tuesday Feburary 22nd!

#16 User is offline   MBeshada 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 20
  • Joined: 31-January 11
  • LocationMechanicville, VA

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:34 AM

View PostMBeshada, on 20 February 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

Went to my local GC to play a 60's tribute and saw this as I entered the store. The 60's tribute was a worn black. This played SO MUCH better than the 60's tribute, even unplugged. The headstock reads "Les Paul Model" not "Les Paul Junior". They had a yellow and sunburst. I personally liked the burst better. I am going to think on it and maybe head over after work tomorrow.


Went back to GC and played the junior. It played great and was a steal for $599. They were also going to let me use the 15% off President's Day coupon. Right when I was going to pull the trigger the sales person showed me another 60's tribute they just got in today, this one in honeyburst. It played and looked so much nicer than the ebony I played yesterday. They let me use the 15% off coupon and I didn't want the crappy gig bag so the guitar only ran me $692 before taxes. I just couldn't pass it up! Terrible iphone pic attached!

#17 User is offline   truetone6 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 29-January 10

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

View PostMBeshada, on 22 February 2011 - 06:34 AM, said:

Went back to GC and played the junior. It played great and was a steal for $599. They were also going to let me use the 15% off President's Day coupon. Right when I was going to pull the trigger the sales person showed me another 60's tribute they just got in today, this one in honeyburst. It played and looked so much nicer than the ebony I played yesterday. They let me use the 15% off coupon and I didn't want the crappy gig bag so the guitar only ran me $692 before taxes. I just couldn't pass it up! Terrible iphone pic attached!Attachment honey.jpg


So,can you use the 15% off coupon at GC for this guitar? Some people said they could and others said they couldn't :unsure:

#18 User is offline   truetone6 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 29-January 10

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

View PostMBeshada, on 22 February 2011 - 06:34 AM, said:

Went back to GC and played the junior. It played great and was a steal for $599. They were also going to let me use the 15% off President's Day coupon. Right when I was going to pull the trigger the sales person showed me another 60's tribute they just got in today, this one in honeyburst. It played and looked so much nicer than the ebony I played yesterday. They let me use the 15% off coupon and I didn't want the crappy gig bag so the guitar only ran me $692 before taxes. I just couldn't pass it up! Terrible iphone pic attached!Attachment honey.jpg


Which Guitar Center did you buy yours at?

#19 User is offline   MBeshada 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 20
  • Joined: 31-January 11
  • LocationMechanicville, VA

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

View Posttruetone6, on 22 February 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

Which Guitar Center did you buy yours at?



Broad St. In Richmond, VA. I must say for all of the issued with Guitar Center that I read about in the boards I see NONE of that in Richmond. The sales person was great! I didn't have my coupon with me so he even let me access my email from their computer to get the coupon code that was emailed to me. Got a great guitar at a great price. If you are ever in Virginia it is worth the trip down Broad St. to Guitar Center. Sam Ash is right next door.

#20 User is offline   truetone6 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 29-January 10

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:23 PM

View PostMBeshada, on 22 February 2011 - 03:44 PM, said:

Broad St. In Richmond, VA. I must say for all of the issued with Guitar Center that I read about in the boards I see NONE of that in Richmond. The sales person was great! I didn't have my coupon with me so he even let me access my email from their computer to get the coupon code that was emailed to me. Got a great guitar at a great price. If you are ever in Virginia it is worth the trip down Broad St. to Guitar Center. Sam Ash is right next door.


Cool thanks! I went to my GC and they gave me a $97 refund with the coupon.

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users