Gibson Brands Forums

Delay

Riptide

Hey, I'm looking for a "natural" analog delay... just something simple. I really like the DM2 type of sound. I really want something that lets the natural tone of my guitar through but if anything I'd like it to warm up the sound. I'm looking for something in the $100-$150 as I'm not a big delay person I just want something simple that will add some depth to my sound. Any thoughts?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I'm looking for a "natural" analog delay... just something simple. I really like the DM2 type of sound. I really want something that lets the natural tone of my guitar through but if anything I'd like it to warm up the sound. I'm looking for something in the $100-$150 as I'm not a big delay person I just want something simple that will add some depth to my sound. Any thoughts?

I have the Boss DD-7 that is very nice (probably has more than you'll need, but when you need it, it'll be there). It contains an Analog setting which

the user's manual says gives the sound of the old Boss DM2 pedal. I got mine for $147.00+tax. [thumbup]

Oh man, I'm trying to imagine the double delay effect!

I've got a Carbon Copy too, and it works great for me.

I believe Twiz has two delays, one set for moderate and one set fast, but I'm looking at either the Line 6 Delay Modeler, or the Electro Harmonix Memory Man with Hazarai, and I'd leave it set up on my amp so I can tweak the setting to get out of this world stuff. That's how I like to run my delays

MXR carbon copy no question....if you want anything better be willing to spend 300$ on a Strymon El Capitan....the carbon copy is an awesome delay..

+1. I use both(DM-2 and CC). You can't beat the DM-2 for slapback, but the Carbon Copy is a bit more versatile IMO.

I gave my MXR CC away..... IMO the unit had no warmth....

I now use the T-REX Replica, and I really like the warmth of that 70's sound delay and the T-Rex deliverers it for me..... It also has a tape delay feature I really like

TREX has some awesome sounding pedals....especially the newer ones that are comin out [thumbup] ...but there on the same level as Strymon

I believe Twiz has two delays, one set for moderate and one set fast, but I'm looking at either the Line 6 Delay Modeler, or the Electro Harmonix Memory Man with Hazarai, and I'd leave it set up on my amp so I can tweak the setting to get out of this world stuff. That's how I like to run my delays

I love my SMMH. I want to keep it and add a tape echo style delay to my board like the El Capistan. I don't even really use the delay on the SMMH much I mainly use it to loop and for insane amounts of reverb. I recorded a loop with kindof a bass part that's a velcro ish sounding Fuzz Factory thing with some clean guitar on top. I was gonna send it to you to see what you think.

Hmmm... the two main ones I was looking at was the MXR CC and the EHX Memory Boy. A friend suggested the Echo Park as well. I don't know the DD7 looks pretty attractive I have a couples questions about it though, Can you use the tap function with the analog delay mode? And is it a true analog delay or a digital one made to sound analog?

Any thoughts on the Memory Boy?

Thanks for all the posts.

I love my SMMH. I want to keep it and add a tape echo style delay to my board like the El Capistan. I don't even really use the delay on the SMMH much I mainly use it to loop and for insane amounts of reverb. I recorded a loop with kindof a bass part that's a velcro ish sounding Fuzz Factory thing with some clean guitar on top. I was gonna send it to you to see what you think.

Send it man!

That's why I'm thinking of going with the Line 6 Delay Modeler, 3 different settings is pretty enticing... and tis green!

Archived