Gibson Brands Forums

online music/lyric resource

jannusguy

I like the cowboylyrics one, and here's one that may strike you as a little different... it's a good simple site and he puts lyrics and chords up for songs that... well, maybe it never occurred to you to seek out the chords or lyrics... kinda eclectic in a good way. The chords take a little bit of getting used to, as they're not laid out "normal" but once you see his method, it's fine.

http://www.guntheranderson.com/v/toca.htm

There's a link at the bottom of each song page explaining the chording system. If I can figure it out, anyone can.

leon was amazing during 'the day'. his work with the stones helped move them toward the band they would become and re-invent themselves as in the 70s. if its an obscure song, try google-ing the title or the artist followed by either/or the word 'chords' or 'lyrics'. eg.. "leon russell chords' or "queen of the roller derby" lyrics. the reason being, there are some niche sites out there (where ever 'there' is) that are dedicated to the artist themselves, run by fans and might have the odd stuff. for instance, i went through a gram parsons obsession a couple years ago and could not find his words or chords anywhere except on a fansite. happy hunting.

leon was amazing during 'the day'. his work with the stones helped move them toward the band they would become and re-invent themselves as in the 70s. if its an obscure song' date=' try google-ing the title or the artist followed by either/or the word 'chords' or 'lyrics'. eg.. "leon russell chords' or "queen of the roller derby" lyrics. the reason being, there are some niche sites out there (where ever 'there' is) that are dedicated to the artist themselves, run by fans and might have the odd stuff. for instance, i went through a gram parsons obsession a couple years ago and could not find his words or chords anywhere except on a fansite. happy hunting. [/quote']

thanks jeff, i'll give that a try as the tune i'm hunting for isn't showing up anywhere, so far. i'm still a fan of his music even though his live performances over the last few years are less than satisfying. he's a grouchy old cuss who seems to resent he still has to work for a living. i swear he plays everything in triple time just to get the show over with. some of his best tunes are lumped into medleys (i hate it when they do that!) and that beautiful ballad "a song for you" sounds like a march. still, when something of his pops up in my itunes, it makes me happy. btw, i'm looking for "hummingbird".

Archived