Gibson Brands Forums

SG Classic Faded

TeeRav

I purchased a new Gibson SG Classic Faded from Guitar Center online and picked it up on Friday! Here are a few pics (hopefully more and better quality ones to come!) The neck is a little thinner than the SG Classic. It is defined as a rounded neck so I assume its very similar to the SG Standard or the Special. Very nice feel to the guitar and the P-90s are obviously amazing! The neck binding is a nice bonus, plus a cool mother of pearl headstock logo [thumbup]

IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0318.jpg

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0317.jpg

Take care - with the $ / £ exchange rate - you may not be getting a bargain. Also - you might be charged tax taking it back into the UK if they think you bought it in the USA. By the time you've paid the tax - you would have been better buying in the UK after all !

Sorry if this is a downer.

[thumbup] Cool Sexy Guitar, congrats

Is the binding white or cream?

Thanks man! I certainly am enjoying it! And the binding is white (like on the Classic). Maybe it would've made more sense to use the cream as the faded finish looks antiqued but the white still looks pretty nice in my opinion.

Now that is sexy

Does it have the same weight as the other Faded SG? because the Classic is heavier than the Faded, not sure if that retains over...

I haven't played the Special Faded enough to remember the weight but this guitar is really light. I'm 90% sure its lighter than the Classic. It's also a lot lighter than my Epiphone G-400. Before this guitar binding wasn't a big deal to me, but for some reason I think it makes a huge difference in the look and feel of this guitar [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...

Did your new SG come with the hardshell case?

No it came with the Deluxe gigbag. I was a little disappointed but I figured a Gibson under $1,000 wouldn't come with a hard case. Gigbag is pretty padded but I use an Epiphone hard case.

I have one also and LOVE it!Mine came with a gigbag too,But at first by mistake(Supposedly) MF was selling it with a Gibson hardcase.So I am getting to keep the gigbag and they are going to send me a hardcase when they come in stock.$699-A Smokin Deal!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one also and LOVE it!Mine came with a gigbag too,But at first by mistake(Supposedly) MF was selling it with a Gibson hardcase.So I am getting to keep the gigbag and they are going to send me a hardcase when they come in stock.$699-A Smokin Deal!!!!!!!!!!!

That's awesome dude! Yeah I wish Guitar Center would've done the same but I ordered mine after they corrected it to a gig bag. But either way its a helluva deal and a sick guitar! Post up some pics man, I'd love to see a fellow Classic Faded! [thumbup]

I purchased the non-faded Gibson SG Classic with P90s a few weeks ago. This one was also advertised as coming with a "deluxe gig bag" and not a hard case. However when I was in guitar center the salesman went back to the warehouse to bring the guitar out (still in box) and it shipped inside a nice hard case. He ended up throwing in the case with the guitar - totally cool because they sell the case separately for like $130.00.

That's awesome dude! Yeah I wish Guitar Center would've done the same but I ordered mine after they corrected it to a gig bag. But either way its a helluva deal and a sick guitar! Post up some pics man, I'd love to see a fellow Classic Faded! [thumbup]

It is an Awesome deal T.Will get some pics of my new baby today and if I get time post em.

I purchased the non-faded Gibson SG Classic with P90s a few weeks ago. This one was also advertised as coming with a "deluxe gig bag" and not a hard case. However when I was in guitar center the salesman went back to the warehouse to bring the guitar out (still in box) and it shipped inside a nice hard case. He ended up throwing in the case with the guitar - totally cool because they sell the case separately for like $130.00.

COOL!!!! Unadan,Seems like you snuck yourself a deal too.I cant beleive what they are charging for a Gibby Hardcase.$200-Come on here,Its a case and should not cost That!!! Cant wait to get my case(Should be in on the 22nd).My other SG I have is a LTD Blue Mist Special.Its resting comfortably in a Roadrunner Hard case.It fits it nicely with a strap to hold the neck in place.I checked out a Gibson case they had and was not impressed with it.Got it from my local G.C.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Beautiful SG. I have a 2008 SG Classic with the Glossy Nitro and for $699 for the faded version is a bargain, specially with the bound fingerboard and perloid Gibson headstock logo. Its $100 cheaper than the SG 60s tribute!!! I have that too :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of ordering the Faded SG Classic.

Beautiful SG. I have a 2008 SG Classic with the Glossy Nitro and for $699 for the faded version is a bargain, specially with the bound fingerboard and perloid Gibson headstock logo. Its $100 cheaper than the SG 60s tribute!!! I have that too :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of ordering the Faded SG Classic.

I don't know if you will get a huge difference in sound out of the Classic Faded from your Tribute but the feel of the guitar is certainly better in my opinion. Compared to the Tribute, the Classic feels a lot better. It feels like a better made Gibson to me. I highly recommend this guitar for the money!

I don't know if you will get a huge difference in sound out of the Classic Faded from your Tribute but the feel of the guitar is certainly better in my opinion. Compared to the Tribute, the Classic feels a lot better. It feels like a better made Gibson to me. I highly recommend this guitar for the money!

My son is very taken with the SG tribute in White, I am more in the classic faded cherry camp, the bound neck and full pick guard do it for me, he is beginning to also lean this way. Such a dilemma as he already has 3 electrics but I think the Classic will not be available new for a very long period. Our local store has some on the way and they are a very good price, what to do?

Archived