Gibson Brands Forums

LES PAUL CUSTOM 1976

jesus

The model les paul custom guitar in 1976

should say to the head "MADE IN USA" without the dots or points between each letter

Or should say "MADE IN U.S.A." with the dots or points between each letter, which is the right way

The model les paul custom guitar in 1976

should say to the head "MADE IN USA" without the dots or points between each letter

Or should say "MADE IN U.S.A." with the dots or points between each letter, which is the right way

Should have the dots U.S.A.

But there was always variations with guitars coming out of the Kalamazoo Plant

Do you have images

A 1976 Gibson is easily identifiable by a "coded" serial number. In 1976 a serial number decal was used, which had an 8-digit serial number starting with the date code "00" (for 1976).

My 1975 LP has the "Made In USA" stamped into the wood without dots between the words.

My 1975 LP has the "Made In USA" stamped into the wood without dots between the words.

Correction, I just looked at my '75 LP Standard, everything is on the decal, serial number, model name and "Made In USA".

I have seen this serial# / ID formatting on later years going all the way up to 1980

I'll have to disagree with Duane on this one. The 8-digit serial numbers did continue (to this day), but not in the 75-77 format of the 2-digit "year code" prefix. Published information states that the current 8-digit serial number system (YDDDYNNN) was initiated in August of 1977.

how can I insert the pictures of my guitar, I do not know how, could you tell me how? thanks

My version in explaining it will be short Jesus.....Use Photobucket....If you have an acc, good, if not, get one, it's free....Upload your pics onto the site, then use the photo URLs

to download onto and into a post.......It's fairly easy once you know how....It wasn't easy for me to learn, but now that I know how, I can do it in my sleep....

Others may help with more specifics.........Does this help ??????? I don't know how computer savy you are.......Ask away if you need more help.......

Archived