Gibson Guitar Board: Post Pics of Your Baby - Gibson Guitar Board

Jump to content

  • (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Post Pics of Your Baby Title Says it All

#241 User is offline   sellen 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1338
  • Joined: 03-November 09

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

View PostBusterCasey, on 12 April 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

hey guys, just joined the forum.

Here's my baby.

Gibson SG standard Vintage Cherry with coil splitting, 60's neck, Burstbucker 1 & 3

Posted Image
SG by Bishopx24x, on Flickr

Love the vintage cherry [thumbup]
SG Nerd.

#242 User is offline   BusterCasey 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 23-March 12

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Thanks sellen. I prefer it over the lighter heritage cherry. The picture doesn't do it justice, but the wood grain and deep red is beautiful!

#243 User is offline   LSAR 

  • Permanent Noob
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 732
  • Joined: 05-July 10
  • LocationManitoba, Canada

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

This thread...

...so much GAS! [crying]
____________________________________________________
Guitars:
'12 Fender Newporter Traveler Acoustic
'10 Epi Wilshire Pro (Alpine White) Made in China (Bridge Pup Only)
'10 Epi Les Paul Junior Special Limited Edition (Cherry) Made in Indonesia (Mods: Grover Tuners, EMG 81-X,)
'07 Epi EM-1 R.I.P

Amps:
Vox VT30
Marshall MS-4 Micro Stack (Cab out mod)

____
_____________

#244 User is offline   CoreyT 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1047
  • Joined: 20-April 12
  • LocationAuburn, WA.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

Just picked this up from Guitar Center last Tuesday, it is a 2012 (made March 15th 2012) '61 reissue.
I really like it.
Just getting back into guitars again after having sold my '73 Les Paul Deluxe back in '86, and have not really played since around '81 after I got married.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#245 User is offline   cabba2203 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1590
  • Joined: 11-May 10
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostCoreyT, on 23 April 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

Just picked this up from Guitar Center last Tuesday, it is a 2012 (made March 15th 2012) '61 reissue.
I really like it.
Just getting back into guitars again after having sold my '73 Les Paul Deluxe back in '86, and have not really played since around '81 after I got married.

http://www.pnw4runne...tar_stuff/9.jpg

http://www.pnw4runne...tar_stuff/6.jpg

Sweet SG - Congrats!
Wampler "Faux Echo" - Nice! I've been procrastinating over that since I first heard the demo last year. How do you like it?
I used to have the full size V3 head, how are you liking the new format (lunchbox style)? Brutal amp, can be very sizzly tho, that presence knob was always left near zero on mine and I use the Treb and mids to work the highs so I wouldn't have the fizzies. Bottom end chug for days tho! EQ'd right, the V3 is a beast!

#246 User is offline   CoreyT 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1047
  • Joined: 20-April 12
  • LocationAuburn, WA.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

View Postcabba2203, on 24 April 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Sweet SG - Congrats!
Wampler "Faux Echo" - Nice! I've been procrastinating over that since I first heard the demo last year. How do you like it?
I used to have the full size V3 head, how are you liking the new format (lunchbox style)? Brutal amp, can be very sizzly tho, that presence knob was always left near zero on mine and I use the Treb and mids to work the highs so I wouldn't have the fizzies. Bottom end chug for days tho! EQ'd right, the V3 is a beast!

Thanks, I am stoked about it.
Gosh, it even smells great everytime I open up the case the smell hits me :D

I like the Faux Tape Echo a lot, so many ways to make it sound cool.
The only pedals I had back in the 70s when I played were a Vox Wa Wa made by the Thomas Organ company, and Electro Harmonix Big Muff distortion box, and an MXR Phase 90.
I spent the last few weeks watching YouTube vids on boxes out now, and just had to get that tape echo one.
Here is another one I bought the other day, should have it tomorrow to mess around with by the weekend.

Darn thing sounds pretty cool, almost like a sitar.

I really like the V3M.
I live in an apartment complex, so I have it on the 7 watt setting, and it will still blow me away if I have it up to much.
I find having the main channel volume way up along with the drive and the master volume down gives it a nice sustaining sound much like that old Big Muff box I had long ago.

Thanks for the tip on the presence knob, I will have to experiment with it next time I get the chance.
SO many settings on the amp.
I only wish I had something like this back in the 70s when I played a lot.

#247 User is offline   cabba2203 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1590
  • Joined: 11-May 10
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

Yes, I was checking out the Ravish too. I want that and a POG 2. (as well as that Faux Tape Echo - love Wampler pedals)

#248 User is offline   slavestate 

  • Surly.
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 534
  • Joined: 07-December 11
  • LocationNowhere.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

I have been playing this one non-stop since January when it was purchased new. The coolest part about it was that it left the factory on my birthday. I changed the knobs to cream, and perhaps by the next string change I will have installed a cream pick guard as well. I replaced the truss rod cover with a custom engraved one, which turned out to be a different trace cut, however I don't mind because the drillings lined up. I have been installing new strings once a month because I have been playing it that much.

After an initial fret crowning and set up by a local Luthier, I have been setting up every string change and trying a few different adjustments depending on the gauge strings I have been using. I have been using Regular Slinky Ernie Balls, however I find they are not holding up. I just recently was given a set of Thomastik-Infeld Vienna Power-Brights that have a Heavy Bottom to them. 10-13-18-28-42-50. So far these are feeling awesome, however I am just waiting to see how long they last. I notice the difference from the A-E, however not so much on the G.

Here is what it looks like now:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Gibson SG Standard Ebony ('11) - Squier Jagmaster ('12) - Samick Greg Bennett Acoustic ('06)

#249 User is offline   SGtransblack 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 23-October 11

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

View Postflyingarmadillo, on 15 March 2011 - 10:46 AM, said:

Not sure if the bass really counts for this but here are my 2:

Posted Image


'61 RI in white (GOTW #26) and a Faded Bass.


Hello, I also have a white 61 GOTW. I would say the neck on it and sound are unbelievable
Just pure bad ***. But mine has some construction defects that I just cant seem to see how
the guy did what he did. When he made the turn with the sander that they use to route the edges
straight right where the knobs are its like the dude dropped his cigarette and let the damn sanding
surface sand a noticeable notch into the the body. I didnt notice it for a long time and was so happy
with how it played that every time i think about it I blow it off but I was wondering does yours have some
weird construction flaw like mine?

#250 User is offline   SGtransblack 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 23-October 11

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostCoreyT, on 25 April 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Thanks, I am stoked about it.
Gosh, it even smells great everytime I open up the case the smell hits me :D

I like the Faux Tape Echo a lot, so many ways to make it sound cool.
The only pedals I had back in the 70s when I played were a Vox Wa Wa made by the Thomas Organ company, and Electro Harmonix Big Muff distortion box, and an MXR Phase 90.
I spent the last few weeks watching YouTube vids on boxes out now, and just had to get that tape echo one.
Here is another one I bought the other day, should have it tomorrow to mess around with by the weekend.

Darn thing sounds pretty cool, almost like a sitar.

I really like the V3M.
I live in an apartment complex, so I have it on the 7 watt setting, and it will still blow me away if I have it up to much.
I find having the main channel volume way up along with the drive and the master volume down gives it a nice sustaining sound much like that old Big Muff box I had long ago.

Thanks for the tip on the presence knob, I will have to experiment with it next time I get the chance.
SO many settings on the amp.
I only wish I had something like this back in the 70s when I played a lot.




Im jealous LOL, I love EH effects and yes their new ones they got going right now are just out off the top. Go to
Electro harmonix website to see all of them. I have the HOG and foot switch for it. That should tell you how much Im
into them. I really wish I had the POG2 instead for size. I also have been listening to you tube videos. Did you hear the
one that did like an exact copy of Pink Floyd "Running ????????" can remember the rest. Its on Money or wish you were here.
so cool. Be careful it can get so addicting and before you know it you have spent a fortune on pedals from EH. That Sitar is
going to lead to more Im sorry. :)

#251 User is offline   CoreyT 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1047
  • Joined: 20-April 12
  • LocationAuburn, WA.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

View PostSGtransblack, on 29 April 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Im jealous LOL, I love EH effects and yes their new ones they got going right now are just out off the top. Go to
Electro harmonix website to see all of them. I have the HOG and foot switch for it. That should tell you how much Im
into them. I really wish I had the POG2 instead for size. I also have been listening to you tube videos. Did you hear the
one that did like an exact copy of Pink Floyd "Running ????????" can remember the rest. Its on Money or wish you were here.
so cool. Be careful it can get so addicting and before you know it you have spent a fortune on pedals from EH. That Sitar is
going to lead to more Im sorry. :)

Thanks.

Do you have a link for the Pink Floyd one, have not seen the video yet.

I ordered the EHX Talking Machine over the weekend, should have it Friday I hope to play around with it.
Yes, these new pedals are so much different from what I remember back in the early 70s when I had a few.

I subscribed to EHX's YouTube channel last week, been watching quite a few.

#252 User is offline   duane v 

  • Advanced HACK!!!
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 6836
  • Joined: 18-November 08
  • LocationsOcAL

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

My main SG type axe

Posted Image
____________________________________________________________________________


Deer Pr00dunce

Posted Image

#253 User is offline   kidblast 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3342
  • Joined: 29-March 12
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

New Arrival - '12 SG Standard Aged Cherry (awesome ax!)
Posted Image
Posted Image


'06 Classic (P90s! Delish!)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rock on brothers..

/KB

#254 User is offline   Big Bill 

  • Stink Finger
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4220
  • Joined: 15-May 09

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Here's Standard with coil tap. I just got less than a month ago. I almost love this more than my Les Paul

Posted Image

Posted Image
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Casino John Lennon Revolution
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Modified Standard Stratocaster
Fender Modified Standard Telecaster
Fender 12 String Acoustic
Fender Jazz Bass 1975 Reissue
Ovation AE148 Acoustic

#255 User is offline   kidblast 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3342
  • Joined: 29-March 12
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostBig Bill, on 09 May 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Here's Standard with coil tap. I just got less than a month ago. I almost love this more than my Les Paul

Posted Image

Posted Image


hey Bill, so how's the coil tap work for you? do you use em a lot?

#256 User is offline   Dallastx 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 318
  • Joined: 19-May 11

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

My number 1...
Posted Image


Posted Image
2011 Gibson S G Standard
2009 Fender Special Edition Telecaster Ash
2006 Fender Custom Special Edition Stratocaster Ash
2000 Epiphone LesPaul Extreme Modded to the max.
2002 Alvarez Acoustic
1962 Victoria electric
2001 Hand made custom Telecaster
1973 Yamaha Acoustic
2012 Ensanada Classical
Various Pedals
Marshall Practice amp
2003 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

#257 User is offline   flyingarmadillo 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1183
  • Joined: 04-January 08
  • LocationHouston

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostSGtransblack, on 29 April 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Hello, I also have a white 61 GOTW. I would say the neck on it and sound are unbelievable
Just pure bad ***. But mine has some construction defects that I just cant seem to see how
the guy did what he did. When he made the turn with the sander that they use to route the edges
straight right where the knobs are its like the dude dropped his cigarette and let the damn sanding
surface sand a noticeable notch into the the body. I didnt notice it for a long time and was so happy
with how it played that every time i think about it I blow it off but I was wondering does yours have some
weird construction flaw like mine?



Nothing that I've noticed although it did take about a year before the neck stopped being tacky feeling.

#258 User is offline   Big Bill 

  • Stink Finger
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4220
  • Joined: 15-May 09

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

View Postkidblast, on 10 May 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

hey Bill, so how's the coil tap work for you? do you use em a lot?


Yes, I do use them for the a bit of a mellow single coil sound, but It has the Bursbuckers 2 and 3 and I prefer the scream those things have in double coil. [biggrin]
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Casino John Lennon Revolution
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Modified Standard Stratocaster
Fender Modified Standard Telecaster
Fender 12 String Acoustic
Fender Jazz Bass 1975 Reissue
Ovation AE148 Acoustic

#259 User is offline   kidblast 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3342
  • Joined: 29-March 12
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

View PostBig Bill, on 11 May 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

Yes, I do use them for the a bit of a mellow single coil sound, but It has the Bursbuckers 2 and 3 and I prefer the scream those things have in double coil. [biggrin]



AMEN!

#260 User is offline   Jeff-7 

  • Karma Police
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2978
  • Joined: 27-March 10
  • LocationKansas

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostBig Bill, on 11 May 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

Yes, I do use them for the a bit of a mellow single coil sound, but It has the Bursbuckers 2 and 3 and I prefer the scream those things have in double coil. [biggrin]

Nice Bill! You bought my guitar's twin! Ebony board on yours right? Not a big fan of the taps but they have their uses.

Share this topic:


  • (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users