Gibson Brands Forums

Post Pics of Your Baby

colin4195

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everybody!

Last week got my first Gibson, an SG Gothic Morte. I know and realize it´s not for every bodys liking, but I like the simple and dark looks of it. Seems like an excellent guitar...just today tried it for the first time with proper volume with our band. Have to tell you that those GEM pickups are one of the best sounding pups I´ve ever heard! Very good with lots of distortion...has lots and lots of crunch!!! Perfect sound for me! Only complaint, since I´m not used to the positioning of the controls in Gibsons, is that controlling the volume while playing is a bit tricky. But bet I´ll get used to that.

Anyway, here´s the pics of my new baby :)

Very cool, love the clean dot-less fingerboard! Very dark, dig it!

• 2 months later...

I thought I had her already posted somewhere in this thread, but another pic doesn't hurt much. Here is a new pic of my 50 year young Les Paul STD (SG)

DSC00169.jpg

looks like it came out the factory yesterday, has to be one of the nicest vintage sg's around.

120521435-body-l.jpg

120521435-front-l.jpg

120521435-angle-l.jpg

120521435-detail1-l.jpg

120521435-detail2-l.jpg

120521435-detail3-l.jpg

120521435-serial-l.jpg

120521435-back-l.jpg

120521435-backbody-l.jpg

I could never take picyture as nice as the one SW did

The back of this SG is just like my 61RI same cuts and bevels, the neck is the same as is the neck joint, the neck heel is a little thicker because the body is a little thicker because of the maple cap. It's like they took a 61RI cut 1/3 of the body off dropped a 3/4 inch maple cap on it and then shapped it. I have a few different SG's and this is quickly becom'n my fav. She weights in at 7lbs-10oz but feels lighter, great balance. Wish it did have the 4 controls, I'm go'n to look into stack pots.

Hello everybody from Italy! :) Here there's my little collection of SG guitars, the last arrived is the SG Jeff Tweedy, really a fantastic guitar!

20120901_150914.jpg

love the looks of that Tweedy sig, had thought about selling my white standard off and getting one but I just wish it had an ebony or rosewood board. How do you like the "Mexican ebony" so far?

Archived