Gibson Brands Forums

Are All Reissues USA Made?

cullenszoo

The Strikers, and I assume all other Kramers unless specifically stated otherwise, distributed by Music-Yo were Korean made at the Epiphone/Samick factory. Its basically an Epiphone guitar, picking up where the Epiphone super strats left off.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a 1984 re-issue and I could not find anything saying it was made in the U.S.A all I could find was assembled in the U.S.A so i would bet thats a big no on the U.S made kramer. That meaning the parts are all made overseas and then its assembled here it was an ok guitar I was not crazy about the pick up choice for it that it came with and the neck felt weird and popped when you used the the floyd.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlackSheep13

I had a 1984 re-issue and I could not find anything saying it was made in the U.S.A all I could find was assembled in the U.S.A so i would bet thats a big no on the U.S made kramer. That meaning the parts are all made overseas and then its assembled here it was an ok guitar I was not crazy about the pick up choice for it that it came with and the neck felt weird and popped when you used the the floyd.

The 1984 Reissues were assembled in the U.S. The popping was most likely caused by loose locking nut bolts (the ones going through the neck) It causes the nust to shift when you use the Floyd....once tightened it shouldn't pop.

Well, from what I've read, NONE of the Kramer guitars are 100%made in the US. From what I understand, reading a history of Kramer guitars, They could never perfect their neck-making so they imported the necks from the ESP plant in Japan. Apparently they only knew how to make aluminum necks. Anyhoo, To the best of my knowlege ALL Kramer USA models were Assembled here but not completely manufactured here. As a footnote, Kramer became vague about their countrys origin, not putting anything but Neptune NJ on their guitars.

Guest BlackSheep13

Well, from what I've read, NONE of the Kramer guitars are 100%made in the US. From what I understand, reading a history of Kramer guitars, They could never perfect their neck-making so they imported the necks from the ESP plant in Japan. Apparently they only knew how to make aluminum necks. Anyhoo, To the best of my knowlege ALL Kramer USA models were Assembled here but not completely manufactured here. As a footnote, Kramer became vague about their countrys origin, not putting anything but Neptune NJ on their guitars.

1. The question is not about the Neptune era pre-Gibson Kramers.

2. You are correct about the Neptune era of Kramer.

3. Gibson owned Kramer has made 100% USA guitars, minus those German Floyds of course. The 85 Baretta and 83 Pacer Imperial. Some of our Guitart series were also 100% USA. All of the Baretta versions and if you note the 1984's we did (like the Black Sheep) that have the truss rod access route at the base of the neck on the body..those were USA made as well.

so blacksheep. to answer a lot of questions, your saying that Once gibson took over Kramer the guitars were made in the usa. music yo era etc? there has been some question about that. some have stated they were made at the samick plant in korea. my music yo era 422 seems alot better quality than samick usually produces.

1. The question is not about the Neptune era pre-Gibson Kramers.

2. You are correct about the Neptune era of Kramer.

3. Gibson owned Kramer has made 100% USA guitars, minus those German Floyds of course. The 85 Baretta and 83 Pacer Imperial. Some of our Guitart series were also 100% USA. All of the Baretta versions and if you note the 1984's we did (like the Black Sheep) that have the truss rod access route at the base of the neck on the body..those were USA made as well.

Guest BlackSheep13

so blacksheep. to answer a lot of questions, your saying that Once gibson took over Kramer the guitars were made in the usa. music yo era etc? there has been some question about that. some have stated they were made at the samick plant in korea. my music yo era 422 seems alot better quality than samick usually produces.

Just the guitars I stated in line 3 were made in the U.S.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for clearing that up. Since you seem to know your stuff, maybe you can tell me something about my serial. I havent found anything about decoding one like mine. its 0901234651. any info you have would be great.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

My 422s came with a sticker that reads: "Quad Rails were designed in the USA..." I don't know where they were made but they are great PUPs. Keep in mind that most of the necks and bodies of the best 80s Kramers were made in Japan and Korea and assembled in New Jersey.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived