Gibson Brands Forums

Will a Gibson tune-o-matic bridge fit in a Epiphone ?

alans056

Hello!

My tune o matic bridge on my Epi LP Custom is creating a little buzz that's driving me INSANE. I googled it and I found that it's better to replace it.

So I found this :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIBSON-GOLD-ABR-1-TUNE-O-MATIC-BRIDGE-LES-PAUL-ETC-/230570026866?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item35af0b6772#ht_2178wt_957

It's Gibson.

Do you think it will fit in Epiphone ?

Thanks !!

Hello!

My tune o matic bridge on my Epi LP Custom is creating a little buzz that's driving me INSANE. I googled it and I found that it's better to replace it.

So I found this :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIBSON-GOLD-ABR-1-TUNE-O-MATIC-BRIDGE-LES-PAUL-ETC-/230570026866?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item35af0b6772#ht_2178wt_957

It's Gibson.

Do you think it will fit in Epiphone ?

Thanks !!

Are you certain it's the bridge? There are so many things that it could besides the bridge.

It could be one of the saddles in the bridge. In that case you can file it and perhaps fix it without replacing the whole bridge. There are a lot of other things it could be too. I just don't want you to buy a new bridge and find out that wasn't the problem.

What makes you think you need a new bridge?

Hello thanks for the help and info :)

I once went to a guitar tech and mentionned the problem (I didn't go to him for that) and he told me it's the little metal bar in front of the screws that create the buzz.

It's only on open strings and the same type of buzz. NOT FRET BUZZ!

There's a thin wire that runs across the heads of the screws and is meant to be a retainer, sometimes it doesn't quite make contact with all screws allowing one or more to rattle around. There's two ways to fix it, bend the wire so it makes decent contact on all screws, or get some clear nail polish and dab a little on the offending area, make sure you protect the top of your guitar if you want to do it insitue,

All my upgrades (Bar the pickups which where from here on the trade page) Ebay

From time to time people like myself sell the parts they no longer want when changing or upgrading

I came across his sales and I got screws, pointers, the bridge & tailpiece from him

The Tuners came new from the USA Parts Wholesaler

And the small bits came from Guitar Parts wholesalers here in the UK

I don't understand, every bridge I've bought has come with it's own posts and inserts. If the post diameter is different I just pull the old inserts out and install the new inserts and use the new posts.

Archived