• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GFS Dog Ear P-90s Need Dimensions

#1 User is offline   RaSTuS 

• Occasional Head Banger !!!
  • Group: Members
  • LocationMackay, Australia.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:26 AM

I wrote off to GFS yesterday and still haven't had a reply.

I need to know the length and width of the main rectangular section of the body of the pickup, the dog ears don't matter. Any help appreciated, I want to place an order early so it ships today (US time).
Only the mediocre are always at their best.

GUITARS: ........... 60 odd lumps of Wood, Aluminium and Plastic with many and varied electric bits attached.
PEDALS: ............
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah, Crowther Double Hotcake, Digitech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive, Korg Pitch Black Tuner.
AMPS & CABS: .
Egnater Tweaker Head (15w), Roland CM-30 (30w), Line 6 Spider II (30w), Peavey TKO 115 (80W), Marshall MF Head (350w) Line 6 Quad Box (320w).

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   brianh 

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:51 AM

I could be wrong, but I thought the dimensions of most after-market P90s were fairly standard:

Posted Image
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   RaSTuS 

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

View Postbrianh, on 05 April 2011 - 11:51 AM, said:

I could be wrong, but I thought the dimensions of most after-market P90s were fairly standard:

Thanks for going to all that trouble Brian, you're probably right, but GFS don't mention them and I've only got soapbar P-90s, not dog-ears. It's for an odd shaped route, apparently the same size as the orig retrons, too long and too narrow for buckers.

I ended up getting these instead, they're the right size but I would've preferred P-90s. http://www.guitarfet...GOLD_c_178.html

They're for this guitar.
Posted Image

GUITARS: ........... 60 odd lumps of Wood, Aluminium and Plastic with many and varied electric bits attached.
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah, Crowther Double Hotcake, Digitech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive, Korg Pitch Black Tuner.
Egnater Tweaker Head (15w), Roland CM-30 (30w), Line 6 Spider II (30w), Peavey TKO 115 (80W), Marshall MF Head (350w) Line 6 Quad Box (320w).

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   mrw1960 

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

Rob,
You might want to check the Lindy Fralin P90 pups. Wonderful from what I know.A tad pricier, but HAND WOUND. Here are the spec's. I have a set of Fralin Blues Special Single Coils at Neck and Mid in my HSS Strat. AWESOME Blues tone! Cheers,
Michael
http://www.fralinpickups.com/p90s.asp

Michael
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   brianh 

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:25 PM

OK, if you're going to spring for boutique pups, check out this guy: http://myworld.ebay.com/tmm95/#sf

I'm still reeling from the hand-wound P90 dog-ear pair with covers I got from him for less than $100.

Just sayin'....
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

#6 User is offline   RaSTuS 

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:18 AM

View Postmrw1960, on 05 April 2011 - 05:27 PM, said:

Rob,
You might want to check the Lindy Fralin P90 pups. Wonderful from what I know.A tad pricier, but HAND WOUND. Here are the spec's. I have a set of Fralin Blues Special Single Coils at Neck and Mid in my HSS Strat. AWESOME Blues tone! Cheers,
Michael
http://www.fralinpickups.com/p90s.asp

View Postbrianh, on 05 April 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

OK, if you're going to spring for boutique pups, check out this guy: http://myworld.ebay.com/tmm95/#sf

I'm still reeling from the hand-wound P90 dog-ear pair with covers I got from him for less than $100.

Just sayin'....

Thanks heaps guys, but I already bit the bullet on the GFS pups.

I was hoping that the dogeared P-90s would fit inside the existing mounting rings (2 3/4" Long x 1 1/4" Wide), I was then going to use the dogears to screw the height adjustment screws into so they'd be mounted just like standard pups, doesn't matter, too late now. Thanks again.

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users