Gibson Brands Forums

Fair Warning ...

PetPeeves

So everyone's heard of the video game Guitar Hero, right? Well, there's a new version of the same thing out there - Rock Band. It comes with the guitar, mic and drums. I bought it for the hubby for Christmas and he's all happy and putting it together and I'm secretly laughing and feeling slightly smug because, well, I don't have to fake play guitar ...lol. Well, he knows I'm not going to pick up the cheap plastic guitar, that's out of the question, but he asks if I'll play the drums. I don't play video games. EVER. Not since Asteroids have I had a controller in my hands. So, I think,'Drums. Sure. Why not? Not like I'm pressing plastic buttons to play a solo. No harm.' HA! This thing is totally addictive.The only reason I tell this story is to strongly recommend that everyone stay the hell away from this game. If I, Miss I-hate-Video-Games-and-Would-Rather-Die-than-to-Fake-Play-Rock&Roll can get sucked in ....everyone's at risk! Now if I can just make it through this next gig, I can unlock those other songs...

we actually got it for christmas also and i's un and adicting nothing like playing the guitar and my teenage nieces and nephew can beat me which they think is pretty funny but hey its a game and doesn't involve war or slaughtering aliens so thats a good thing. I also have a Nintendo DS my wife gave me for when I travel and it has a guitar player in it strum chords like you do on s guitar. again not the same thing with a single string area for chords but entertaining and fun

Archived