Gibson Brands Forums

My amp stand

ChanMan

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your a lucky son of a gun.. [thumbup]

Your absolutely correct when you associate it with a piece of furniture the price is very reasonable..the quality of the wood is outstanding....I would love to have one, as would my gf after I showed her this beauty. Craftsmanship looks superb as well.

I have a feeling that it will amplify the sound much like a Bose Acoustic Wave machine. I'll let ya know. It should be here in a couple of days.

Go to their facebook page and post up a pic of your current rig. They are seriously giving away one a month for the next couple of months based on random drawings. Josh took my amp measurements and matched the oak I have on the furniture in my living room pretty dang good, I'd say.

Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlas-Stands/155497294513812

Josh took my amp measurements and matched the oak I have on the furniture in my living room pretty dang good, I'd say.

Dude, if your living room furniture has wood grain like that, can we see a pic? and can I move in!! [thumbup]

Pics of the stand I am getting from Atlas Stands:

230655_163093937087481_155497294513812_412132_7915492_n.jpg

226340_163093957087479_155497294513812_412133_4026323_n.jpg

225740_163093990420809_155497294513812_412135_906563_n.jpg

230465_163093973754144_155497294513812_412134_7634201_n.jpg

I can't wait!

looks like a fold up lawn chair that i have plans in a book. and the wood looks like pressure treated lumber from home depot. hope you didnt pay too much for it. i modified the plans i have and built a pa stand, that looked allot like that (i hope your joking about buying that)

Uhmm... I don't get it, what do you need an amp stand for and why do you want your sound shooting upward like that?

Because in a bar or other small(ish) venue you might want yer amp aimed at yer head and not the heads of the patrons or the mosh pit. The Cone Of Celestion can be painful to those it is aimed at, while the guitar player is left with little or no monitoring from his own amp. Amp stands help out with that. Stacks are great, but not always appropriate. Side amping is also great, but also not always appropriate.

rct

Just do what I do. Hire out a muscle head (the kind with no neck) to hold your amp at head level during your set. More entertaining and environmentally friendly than some fancy, wood stand.

Just do what I do. Hire out a muscle head (the kind with no neck) to hold your amp at head level during your set. More entertaining and environmentally friendly than some fancy, wood stand.

The ones with LEDs and fans cost extra, though.

No freebies, there.

Buy him a beer as well, and he might just swing it around for you. You can get some great Leslie effects that way.

looks like a fold up lawn chair that i have plans in a book. and the wood looks like pressure treated lumber from home depot. hope you didnt pay too much for it. i modified the plans i have and built a pa stand, that looked allot like that (i hope your joking about buying that)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it seems. I've never seen lumber with grain like that at my local Home Depot... you should buy out their entire stock!

Oh... and it was given to me. Free. One of a kind amp stand from the folks at Atlas Stands.

There's a thread here somewhere about it...

Thanks guys! It should be here soon.....!!!

Archived