Gibson Brands Forums

AJ

brannon67

I just picked up an Epiphone AJ model the other day at Guitar Center. Just went in to look(Right) and saw it on the wall, and thought to myself, I love the Gibby AJ, but I don not have the $2500 to spend on it, so I tried the Epi AJ. I also wanted a good guitar to play out sometimes, when I dont feel like taking my Gibsons out and exposing them to the weather or thiefs. I really like the Epi AJ model. Anyone else have one?

I have had a couple and they are great value for money! I had the AJ100 all laminate which sounded OK when I sanded some of teh thick coat off and had the Aj200 with the solid top which I loved - after I had it a few years it sounded great for a guitar that cost so little. Played an AJ220 in a shop teh otehr day and it sounded similar. definitely great guitars for so little money in my opinion

Yeah, I got the AJ-200E, which i am loving now. Great little guitar for the money. Now I dont have to take my J45 or my Hummingbird Pro or my Cf-100E out and risk damage or theft. Its not a bad little guitar for the $199.00 it cost me. Well, another $89 for the Epi case. Not bad overall for the sound and quality.

Hey,

I have an AJ300svs I dearly love. I bought it 2yrs ago in a pawn shop. Probly paid to much for it but, I just fell in love with the way it felt and sounded.

I looked on the internet but, there is not much info on the AJ300. I don't have any idea when it was produced, what it's worth, or how old it is. If anybody out their knows anything about the AJ300.

I would greatly appreciate Any info. you can give me.

Mike

Epi's really are great, from the cheapest to the most pricey levels they are all contenders. My AJ-500M Masterbilt sounds just as good as any J-45 I've ever played and it's 1/3 the price, even though the Gibson guys hate it when I tell them that!

• 9 months later...

Hi. Yes I just got an AJ220sce VS ....for $299.00 I played it in a Guitar Center shop and loved the sound, color, quality and play-ability. After taking it home and re-stringing it (elixir nanoweb 80/20 bronze lights .12-.53) I am now wondering why I ever bought my Martin and Taylor @ $3000 each. I know the Epi AJ is not as good as those, but i can honestly say that I got my moneys worth for this beautiful Epi's price.

Archived