Gibson Brands Forums

Apogee ONE demo

meanstreak

Any of you guys used an Apogee ONE? Pete Thorn is a fave guitarist of mine and he put it to good use, just wondering if us mere mortals could get the same results? Plus there's a nice Gibson in the vid. I think it's a Sheryl Crow C&W?

So what exactly do you want to achieve, how are you going to work, record guitar first then vocals second ?? or together

How many tracks are you going to need to record at once ?

There are lots more questions that could come after regarding your computer etc....

but lets get the basic stuff out the way first

Madman_Greg

I think its time I finally buy a Mac like Mrs EA ...

btw: we use a Snowball condeser mike for our recordings, its also a USB mike and does a great job

The new Apogee MIC is due out any day. It's a studio quality side-address condenser microphone the plugs direct to an iPhone or iPad. New Garage Band for iPad and the MIc will be awesome, prehaps revolutionary.

Apogee MIC Link

I use the Blue Yeti USB-Mic with GarageBand for iPad and Mac for my recordings. The sound qualitiy is very good for an USB Mic. You can record in Stereo if you want.

But since iOS 4.x you need an powered USB Hub on the iPad, because Apple reduced the power of the dock connector. But that's no problem, you can buy a hub for a few bucks...

I use the Blue Yeti USB-Mic with GarageBand for iPad and Mac for my recordings. The sound qualitiy is very good for an USB Mic. You can record in Stereo if you want.

But since iOS 4.x you need an powered USB Hub on the iPad, because Apple reduced the power of the dock connector. But that's no problem, you can buy a hub for a few bucks...

Good point. There a several really good USB mics out there. The challenge is running a powered condenser mic and a quality analog to digital converter off the scant power available from an iPad docking port. That is what the Apogee MIC promises. We'll see. But Apogee has a great reputation and every one of their products has been very high quality. Keeping fingers crossed.

Archived