Gibson Brands Forums

Neil Peart Way

deepblue

Guys...

Neil Peart, for those who dont know is the drummer/lyricist for the band RUSH.

He was born in Hamilton Ontario. They just opened up a new highway here called

"The Redhill Expressway"...well, long story short.

Y108, a rock station in the area is trying to have this highway renamed "Neil Peart Way"

They have a petition to sign on their web site.

Im asking my Gibson bros' to take a minute and sign their name to the petition.

Neil is an amazing drummer, and his lyrics we can all relate to in one way or another. Im told he is a very

humble man, very soft spoken and an all around nice guy.

So maybe if you fellas could spare a minute or two it would be a great thing for us here in Southern Ontario.

Ill post the link..if it doesnt work please let me know......I appreciate this guys.

Thank you. http://www.PetitionOnline.com/CJXY/

Tim...

I think its possible. Rush have received the Order of Canada. They were always known as the gentleman

of the rock world. Lets face it...Peart, in alot of peoples opinions is the greatest living drummer, and some

say all time. ( Id say it was Buddy Rich, but so would Neil )

They named the QEW after Queen Elizabeth the first, and her ancestors were responsible for 300 years of

Colonial oppression, so Neil Peart Way is a cakewalk!

Im gonna hear about this! lol

You're right, it won't hurt...but think about the consequences.

If Red Hill gets renamed after a musician, the next thing you know you'll have actors born in the area with their names on provincial roads.

Leslie Nielsen's from Toronto, right? Let's rename the 404 to the Leslie Nielsen Way.

I work for the gov't and unless this gets a huge political push...i.e. Queens Park loves Rush...it'll will never happen.

Archived