Gibson Brands Forums

J200 Trade

adamdtrahan

I need some help from someone who knows more about Gibson acoustics than I do. I have a 2008 J200 Natural finish I am looking to sell/trade. I have someone who is wanting to trade me either a 2009 J45 Rosewood(Natural) or a 2005 Hummingbird Historic Collection (burst). Both have upgraded electronics he says. My question is about price. If I were to trade for one of these (given I like them better than the J200) how much, if any, should I get in cash along with the guitar? Best I can figure is the J45 and Bird go for around 1600-2000 used while my J200 goes for 2000-2800 as far as I can find on the internet and at stores. Am I way off on these figures. Please help me. Thanks.

I need some help from someone who knows more about Gibson acoustics than I do. I have a 2008 J200 Natural finish I am looking to sell/trade. I have someone who is wanting to trade me either a 2009 J45 Rosewood(Natural) or a 2005 Hummingbird Historic Collection (burst). Both have upgraded electronics he says. My question is about price. If I were to trade for one of these (given I like them better than the J200) how much, if any, should I get in cash along with the guitar? Best I can figure is the J45 and Bird go for around 1600-2000 used while my J200 goes for 2000-2800 as far as I can find on the internet and at stores. Am I way off on these figures. Please help me. Thanks.

Hi,...Welcome to the Forum.

[flapper]

A 2008 SJ-200 will go for $1900. to $2100. on ebay in very nice condition.

The market is very soft right now. Store prices are misleading because

those are asking prices, not necessarily selling prices. The low end of

your spectrum is close for the Hummingbird or J-45 Rosewood.

Archived