Gibson Brands Forums

ES-347 2 way switch

AaronPeet

Hello everyone,

I am a tech and I recently had a customer bring a Gibson ES-347 with the 2way toggle switch that coil taps the p/u's.

His switch sticks whenever in the down position (coil tapping the p/u's) and is insanely hard to get it back. Almost to the point of forcing the switch. He and I are wondering if it's possible to get these switches still, or if this is a common problem where a quick fix is only needed. I don't have the year on the guitar and I didn't really get a great look at it since the customer was in a hurry but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am a tech and I recently had a customer bring a Gibson ES-347 with the 2way toggle switch that coil taps the p/u's.

His switch sticks whenever in the down position (coil tapping the p/u's) and is insanely hard to get it back. Almost to the point of forcing the switch. He and I are wondering if it's possible to get these switches still, or if this is a common problem where a quick fix is only needed. I don't have the year on the guitar and I didn't really get a great look at it since the customer was in a hurry but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi, have you found those? I'm looking for one too.

Thanks!

• 8 years later...
  • 3 years later...

After 20 plus years found one on reverb for my fathers 81 347 it’s a tough one to find they can be rebuilt there are a few videos out there. The switch is a right angle 2 position switch by switchcraft