Gibson Brands Forums

homecoming guitar

Jerry K

OK, so I'm flying in from the Bay Area. Part is Horizon, so small plane. The most I can bring is one guitar. I have a recent blues king, recent Nick Lucas which is badly in need of setup (so I haven't been playing it), a 2004 J-50, and recently I have been playing an inexpensive Epiphone EL-00 a lot. It's actually a good travel guitar: if it breaks just buy another. I also am thinking of buying a guitar while in Bozeman. It would be nice to just not take one and buy one there, but then I might miss out first few days of pickin'... If I brought one and bought one I guess I'd have to ship the new one back or something... Any thoughts? Anticipation beginning to kick in.

OK' date=' so I'm flying in from the Bay Area. Part is Horizon, so small plane. The most I can bring is one guitar. I have a recent blues king, recent Nick Lucas which is badly in need of setup (so I haven't been playing it), a 2004 J-50, and recently I have been playing an inexpensive Epiphone EL-00 a lot. It's actually a good travel guitar: if it breaks just buy another. I also am thinking of buying a guitar while in Bozeman. It would be nice to just not take one and buy one there, but then I might miss out first few days of pickin'... If I brought one and bought one I guess I'd have to ship the new one back or something... Any thoughts? Anticipation beginning to kick in.[/quote']

NLs are not all that common; I'd suggest taking that. Maybe you can sweet talk Music Villa, or better yet, the crew at the factory to adjust/tweak the Lucas to optimal playability and tone!

Fred

Another reason to bring the NL: A number of people had guitars set up by Ronnie Monk at the last Homecoming and were very happy with the results. (Plus, he's incredibly inexpensive by Bay Area standards.)

-- Bob R

Archived