Gibson Brands Forums

Look what I got for my birthday...

daveinspain

I was hoping to see or into that it was a joke but' date=' dunno dude, some people can't be happy for anyone. That was my main worry with having a free for all forum, brings out the idiots.

Happy Birthday my man, I'm right behind ya *Cough*--52--*cough*

[/quote']

Dave is a super guy with beautiful guitars....So that fella can say whatever he likes. It wont change my opinion of Dave.

Dave is a super guy with beautiful guitars....So that fella can say whatever he likes. It wont change my opinion of Dave.

+1

These people really grip my anal beard! Why come here and rant at experienced members!

Fool...

Happy birthday

Don't worry Dave. This same guy Appilock or whatever it is' date=' posted the same type of trolling crap over on the SG pages about two months ago. He's just trying to start an argument.

[/quote']

"Spread a little happiness"

No. Just trying to point out the obvious: decent people don't like show-off nerds who hope to create jealousy and admiration by posting pics of all their pretty possessions. I suspect that sad Dave would be hard pressed to come up with a tune on any of his guitars. I may be wrong. Maybe he leads an interesting life away from this forum but, not unreasonably, I have my doubts about all these flash posers.

OH OH OH!!!! I want to repress the proletariat with MY bourgeois ways!!!!

100_0549.jpg

Cool!!! Now all the broke folks who think we, who worked hard for these rewards, don't deserve them can be a Hater to me too!!

Get real, applecock. The American Dream is that you can have anything you want with hard work and perseverance. I'll wager it took Dave many years to afford that guitar, and frankly, nobody's sour grapes will change how awesome that guitar is, or how cool it is that he finally owns it ^_^.

Besides, if we didn't post pics of them every now and then, what would Thermionik lick???

Have a GREAT day; May you find peace in your life and calm in the turmoil ravaging your soul O:).

No. Just trying to point out the obvious: decent people don't like show-off nerds who hope to create jealousy and admiration by posting pics of all their pretty possessions. I suspect that sad Dave would be hard pressed to come up with a tune on any of his guitars. I may be wrong. Maybe he leads an interesting life away from this forum but' date=' not unreasonably, I have my doubts about all these flash posers.[/quote']

I "LOVE","LOVE", looking at other guys guitars. We here at the forum insist on pictures asap. I have a folder with at least 100 or so pictures of other people guitars that I admire. Ill bet most are like me. I can play some cool riffs, and pick out a song or two....and you know what? We enjoy it. There are others here im sure who can really razzle-dazzle the fretboard, and thats cool too! You dont have to be Hendrix or Clapton, Slash or Duanne Allman to enjoy playing. Its our passion.

apillock you are trying to fill this forum with negativity. Why? If you cant play nicely then please leave ok?

I "LOVE"' date='"LOVE", looking at other guys guitars. We here at the forum insist on pictures asap. I have a folder with at least 100 or so pictures of other people guitars that I admire. Ill bet most are like me. I can play some cool riffs, and pick out a song or two....and you know what? We enjoy it. There are others here im sure who can really razzle-dazzle the fretboard, and thats cool too! You dont have to be Hendrix or Clapton, Slash or Duanne Allman to enjoy playing. Its our passion.

apillock you are trying to fill this forum with negativity. Why? If you cant play nicely then please leave ok?[/quote']

+1 on that sentiment. a little showy? a little nerdy? a little geeky? possibly, but harmless for certain. in these forums, there are actual touring , performing and worknig musicians along side the home recorders and pickers like myself. how cool is that? it gives us a sense of cameraderie. if that's what you're looking for, you've found it. if, however, someone were here looking for some sort of awswer to a deficiency in their own lives that was attention based they would't be fullfilled - no matter how many posts or pics. those voids cannot be filled by others. it is fine to not understand or agree with the going's on here but it is crossing the line to be vocal or discouraging. one needs to have respect for those who genuinely enjoy it.

No. Just trying to point out the obvious: decent people don't like show-off nerds who hope to create jealousy and admiration by posting pics of all their pretty possessions. I suspect that sad Dave would be hard pressed to come up with a tune on any of his guitars. I may be wrong. Maybe he leads an interesting life away from this forum but' date=' not unreasonably, I have my doubts about all these flash posers.[/quote']

Commie.

Sorry guys, I think this is not alowed here... but I am sick of these people! (Google about my country's current government if you want to... :'( damn commies... always ranting aboout what other folks have achieved through hard work )

OH OH OH!!!! I want to repress the proletariat with MY bourgeois ways!!!!

Ok... I'll buy... but I think you meant "refresh" (not repress) hehehehe :-$

And regarding comiecock's comments... Dave... a nerd? really? based on what? (he doesnt look like one to me... and doesnt "act" like one here...) And c'mon... we are not in the 80s anymore... If he was a nerd, what's wrong with that? (I guess you are/were a high profile sports team leader back in the 80s...).

Hey guys... I was a bit surprised when I got 911ed by a radical forum terrorist. It was an unsuspected attack but that's the way they play isn't it.... Thanks for stepping up to the plate for me. I think its best we just ignore any negative attacks that come our way... I don't need this guys blessing to validate my life. I bet he would have loved a PM from me with a rant... I wont do it. Its not worth it. In his own mind he truly believes he is right. So why do we have to convince him otherwise. I'd rather practice my beloved guitars...

In some ways, the majority of Gibson guitars are for bourgeois.

Some of us work hard to buy one. And for some, it's a bit easier.

Nevertheless they are for people who enjoy and appreciate the

finer things in life. And this forum exists for the Gibson owners

to share their happiness of owning one (or a few). If it bothers

you to see people posting pics of their expensive guitars, you are

at a wrong place.

apillock, why don't you show us your Gibson and join us?

You have one, right?

Hey T50, Let see some of your work, I love that stuff. and Dave I would glue that to my forehead for Halloween. Do you have

Halloween in Spain?

Where can you get that sort of stuff? AWESOMEIMG_3295.jpg

My remote I know I am a showoff ................right

Dave I would glue that to my forehead for Halloween. Do you have

Halloween in Spain?

Where can you get that sort of stuff? AWESOMEIMG_3295.jpg

My remote I know I am a showoff ................right

Ahh... Glue what to my forehead??? Did I miss something? Do tell I need ideas for Holloween =D> Yes we do have Holloween in Spain... Being that the good old US of A is a big influence here anything that is popular there becomes popular here... And if it's an excuse for a party even more so!!

Hey T50' date=' Let see some of your work, I love that stuff.

[/quote']

Hi Mark

What do you mean by "work"? My figures?

Well, I haven't got to sculpt a rock star yet... I wouldn't mind making

a miniature figure of Angus.

I sculpt military figures in very small scale. Here's a pic.

35071b.jpg

These are my latest work. They are about 50 mm tall.

Hi Mark

What do you mean by "work"? My figures?

Well' date=' I haven't got to sculpt a rock star yet... I wouldn't mind making

a miniature figure of Angus.

I sculpt military figures in very small scale. Here's a pic.

[img']http://www.alpineminiatures.com/images/figpix/35071/35071b.jpg[/img]

These are my latest work. They are about 50 mm tall.

Those figures are great...! You are a talented guy T50... You should market your figures. Hmmmm Gibson Forum Action Figures anyone... hahahhahahah :)

Archived