Gibson Brands Forums

Let's see some 335s, all finishes !

guitarfish

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm loving that 59 reissue 'Al C' [thumbup] but there are so many beautiful guitars displayed here.

Aren't we lucky to own beatiful art thats multidimensional? Guitars as an art form is a fairly level playing field in so much as the full artistic value cannot be bought by money alone. One of the things i really enjoy about guitars is that their beauty isn't reserved only for the affluent. Money seems to buy shortcuts in most aspects of life, but if you want to make your guitar sing we all have to pay our dues. That is, no amount of money spent on a guitar will make you Slash or Eric Clapton.

Sure you can pay allot of money for fine guitars but aethetic qualities are only part of what makes the guitar beautiful; the rest is evoked by the player.

My '86 335 in ebony - bought it on-line earlier this year from the good folks at Elderly Instruments. Replaced the original Grovers with new 18:1 geared ones, put on black speed nobs because I like them better (ditto black switch button), put on Schaller strap locks and replaced the standard "pot metal" stop bar with the Gotoh aluminum version - and saved all of the parts just in case I want to go back!

ES335-01.jpg

In addition to playing guitar, one of my favorite hobbies is photography, and there is nothing that I enjoy more than photographing my guitars.

I probably take as many photos of my guitars as most people do of their kids.

scary_door_wb.jpg

If anyone can tell me how to imbed a photo on this board, I'd do it. if I try and attach it, it shows up as a tiny thumbnail. If I link to a photobucket URL, the board says "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board." image is a JPEG. Help anyone?

If anyone can tell me how to imbed a photo on this board, I'd do it. if I try and attach it, it shows up as a tiny thumbnail. If I link to a photobucket URL, the board says "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board." image is a JPEG. Help anyone?

When pasting from Photobucket, you want the one surround with IMG and /IMG in brackets.

Archived