Gibson Brands Forums

Hide Glue

suburude63

I just found out from Gibson in Bozeman that the True Vintage J 45 Special ed. I have as well as the ones sold a Guitar Center have been assembled with hide glue. So really the difference between the Special edition,Limited Edition and the $6000 legend J 45s is basically from what I can tell is the neck and binding. As well as the certificates and fancy cases.

I just found out from Gibson in Bozeman that the True Vintage J 45 Special ed. I have as well as the ones sold a Guitar Center have been assembled with hide glue. So really the difference between the Special edition' date='Limited Edition and the $6000 legend J 45s is basically from what I can tell is the neck and binding. As well as the certificates and fancy cases.[/quote']

Shhhh. Don't tell nobody. =D>

As I said above the difference I see is the Neck. It has the Grad V neck like the TVs. I owned a Legend BTW for about 10 days I saw no cloth binding inside? The toner was exactly the same as mine.

I'm sorry, I missed the part about the neck, but you did mention that. Mine has the cloth reinforcements.

Archived