Gibson Guitar Board: What is Epiphone Yard Sale? - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is Epiphone Yard Sale?

#1 User is offline   kcordero1 

• Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

I heard that Epiphone has a yard sale twice a year at the Nashville plant. It sounds like you can get some great deals on gear. Does anyone know about this and how do I find out when the next yard sale is? Thanks.

#2 User is offline   RaSTuS 

• Occasional Head Banger !!!
  • LocationMackay, Australia.

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

Hi and welcome to the forums, there's a great bunch around here, I hope you like it.

I've never heard of these sales personally, but there's members here from the Nashville area, and if the sales take place I'm pretty sure one of them would have heard about it, hopefully they see this post and respond one way or the other.
Only the mediocre are always at their best.

GUITARS: ........... 60 odd lumps of Wood, Aluminium and Plastic with many and varied electric bits attached.
PEDALS: ............
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah, Crowther Double Hotcake, Digitech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive, Korg Pitch Black Tuner.
AMPS & CABS: .
Egnater Tweaker Head (15w), Roland CM-30 (30w), Line 6 Spider II (30w), Peavey TKO 115 (80W), Marshall MF Head (350w) Line 6 Quad Box (320w).

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Hungrycat 

• SUSPENDED
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

It's not really a "yard sale" per se, but a big sale at the company outlet store at Opry Mills Mall. It's also not really annual, but just whenever they had at lot of crap they needed to get rid of. Unfortunately the May 2010 floods destroyed most of Opry Mills Mall including the Gibson Showcase, and it hasn't reopened.

I went once (2009) and they had a lot of cool stuff at deep discounts. Overstocks, unpopular models, prototypes, display, scratch 'n' dent...stuff like that.

I bought my Elite Les Paul at the sale ($400 when they were still going for about $1000 new). It was the display model at the store, and when they discontinued the Elitist line they didn't need it anymore. It's also marked "prototype" in the control cavity and I thought that was super cool. I kinda regret not getting an alternate finish Eye Guitar prototype but I really wanted that Elite Les Paul. They also had these solid flame-maple Les Pauls (Body, top, and neck ALL single piece flame maple) that were awesome, but they were out of my budget (even after being marked down from $6500 to $2750.)
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   kcordero1 

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:22 AM

thanks for the info. anyone know how I would find out when they are going to have their next sale?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users