Gibson Brands Forums

ABR-1's Vs Nashville TOM?

Mac Morganfield

Hi guy's,

please cut me a little slack as i'm new here! I've been reading around the forum and it appears to me that the ABR-1 is more favoured over the Nashville TOM bridge. Is there any discernable benefits with the ABR over the TOM or is it just an OEM thing, vintage is good?

Another thing about bridges, has anyone got any experience of the Graphtech saddles? Are they as good as they make out and if so, how? If they are as good as people make out, why do manufacturers not use them as OEM very often?

Thanks in advance!

The ABR studs go into the wood body, the TOM go into metal inserts, I have no guitars with a ABR so I can't say if it's any better. I do have a TOM with the Graphtech's and they work, companies don't like to pay extra for parts.

Cheers DJ, much appreciated buddy!

Hey Mac, welcome to the forums. I've got an ABR-1 on my SG Standard, and I have Tune O Matics on my Les Paul Specials. I honestly can't tell much of a difference in tone, I've read that the ABR-1's seem to help sustain more. I dunno. I do like the ABR-1 better though. I just think they have a cooler look to them.

Archived