• You cannot reply to this topic

Revheads Unite Everything Car and Bike

#221 User is offline   RaSTuS 

• Occasional Head Banger !!!
  • Group: Members
  • LocationMackay, Australia.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Boo, Boo, Boo

Lorenzo qualified on pole, Stoner was second and Crutchlow third, they're a little slow getting the results online, will post a link when available.
Only the mediocre are always at their best.

GUITARS: ........... 60 odd lumps of Wood, Aluminium and Plastic with many and varied electric bits attached.
PEDALS: ............
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah, Crowther Double Hotcake, Digitech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive, Korg Pitch Black Tuner.
AMPS & CABS: .
Egnater Tweaker Head (15w), Roland CM-30 (30w), Line 6 Spider II (30w), Peavey TKO 115 (80W), Marshall MF Head (350w) Line 6 Quad Box (320w).

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#222 User is offline   RaSTuS 

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

MotoGP Qualifying Results

GUITARS: ........... 60 odd lumps of Wood, Aluminium and Plastic with many and varied electric bits attached.
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah, Crowther Double Hotcake, Digitech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive, Korg Pitch Black Tuner.
Egnater Tweaker Head (15w), Roland CM-30 (30w), Line 6 Spider II (30w), Peavey TKO 115 (80W), Marshall MF Head (350w) Line 6 Quad Box (320w).

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#223 User is offline   Clanky44 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

I'm not a big bike guy,.. but you've peaked my interest,... I've got the race taping in a few hours.

#224 User is offline   RaSTuS 

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

View PostClanky44, on 08 April 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

I'm not a big bike guy,.. but you've peaked my interest,... I've got the race taping in a few hours.

2hrs until the broadcast starts here Frank, 2:30am my time, anticipation levels are high.

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#225 User is offline   RaSTuS 

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

Just found a listing for the lower classes of Moto2 and Moto3 starting in 1hr and 10mins, that should tide me over nicely until the main event.

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#226 User is offline   Clanky44 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

We too have the Moto GP2 televised prior to the main event.

#227 User is offline   SlashPerryBurst 

• Thin Lizzy fan
  • LocationFrom Glasgow, Living in Tokyo

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

View PostRaSTuS, on 07 April 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

Boo, Boo, Boo

Lorenzo qualified on pole, Stoner was second and Crutchlow third,

Go Lorenzo. [thumbup]
Have cut back on my equipment do to circumstance. Just my #1 Gibson Les Paul Standard just now. No amps, no pedals.

#228 User is offline   RaSTuS 

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostClanky44, on 08 April 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

We too have the Moto GP2 televised prior to the main event.

It's on different channels here (though the same station), that's why I overlooked it initially, thing that gets me about those guys, especially the main game MotoGP dudes, is how the can sit on the bike, they've got kahunas the size of coconuts.

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#229 User is offline   RaSTuS 

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostSlashPerryBurst, on 08 April 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Go Lorenzo. [thumbup]

<thumbs-down> Stoner for the win.

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#230 User is offline   RaSTuS 

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Damn it, the tv guide has been amended in the last hour or two, now the main race isn't starting at 2:30am on the sports channel, but being telecast after the underling classes at 4:30am on an ordinary channel, there's gonna be a whole bunch of people pissed coz they set their recorders to the wrong channel and time now, that channels powers that be must be absolute wankers making last minute changes like that.

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#231 User is offline   Clanky44 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostRaSTuS, on 08 April 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

Damn it, the tv guide has been amended in the last hour or two, now the main race isn't starting at 2:30am on the sports channel, but being telecast after the underling classes at 4:30am on an ordinary channel, there's gonna be a whole bunch of people pissed coz they set their recorders to the wrong channel and time now, that channels powers that be must be absolute wankers making last minute changes like that.

It's just 10 past noon here, our Moto2 is scheduled for 2pm and Moto GP at 3pm.

#232 User is offline   RaSTuS 

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

The first ever Moto3 race was a cracker, the battle for 3rd was between about 8 bikes for the whole race, awesome, but the story of the race was a 16 yo Italian named Remano Fenati, he lead the fist couple of laps ultimately finishing in 2nd in his debut Grand Prix, tremendous effort, definitely one to look out for.

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#233 User is offline   SlashPerryBurst 

• Thin Lizzy fan

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostRaSTuS, on 08 April 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

<thumbs-down> Stoner for the win.

Nah. He's a talented guy, but he's no Lorenzo.
Have cut back on my equipment do to circumstance. Just my #1 Gibson Les Paul Standard just now. No amps, no pedals.

#234 User is offline   RaSTuS 

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

View PostSlashPerryBurst, on 08 April 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

Nah. He's a talented guy, but he's no Lorenzo.

Exactly, he'd eat Lorenzo for breakfast, he manhandles his bike like there's no tomorrow, Lorenzo is a wimp in comparison, just my opinion of course.

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#235 User is offline   RaSTuS 

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Results for Moto3

Moto3 Report

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#236 User is offline   SlashPerryBurst 

• Thin Lizzy fan

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostRaSTuS, on 08 April 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

Exactly, he'd eat Lorenzo for breakfast, he manhandles his bike like there's no tomorrow, Lorenzo is a wimp in comparison, just my opinion of course.

Sure, Casey's one of the only people I've seen to drift a bike, but Lorenzo is a more mature rider.

#237 User is offline   RaSTuS 

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostSlashPerryBurst, on 08 April 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Sure, Casey's one of the only people I've seen to drift a bike, but Lorenzo is a more mature rider.

Stoner can take a lesser bike and drag it into a good place, look what he did with Ducatti, while Hayden was always nowhere, Rossi can't even get them results.

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#238 User is offline   SlashPerryBurst 

• Thin Lizzy fan

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

They don't use the same bikes every year you know. You can't make comparisons like that. Fair enough, the desmodeci is lacking a bit, but that doesn't explain how Stoner spent a lot of 2010 chucking it into the gravel.

Call me a sceptic, but I sense your Australian spirit is playing into this a bit.

#239 User is offline   RaSTuS 

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostSlashPerryBurst, on 08 April 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

They don't use the same bikes every year you know. You can't make comparisons like that. Fair enough, the desmodeci is lacking a bit, but that doesn't explain how Stoner spent a lot of 2010 chucking it into the gravel.

Call me a sceptic, but I sense your Australian spirit is playing into this a bit.

When Stoner was dragging that Ducatti up to the front, Hayden was his teammate and was nowhere, the same races at the same time, a completely fair comparison. Thing is Lorenzo needs everything to be just right, he doesn't have the ability to drag a lesser bike above it's station, Stoner does. And too right, I'm very proud he's an Aussie, is there anything wrong with that, it doesn't change my opinion of his skills just because he is an Aussie though, I'm not that fickle.

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#240 User is offline   SlashPerryBurst 

• Thin Lizzy fan

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Comparing him to the constantly underperforming Nicky Hayden isn't a decent measure of performance. Nicky is lucky he wasn't binned years ago. Lorenzo beat Rossi in equal equipment. As a matter of fact, he got to Rossi so much that he unsettled him and forced Rossi to issue an ultimatum to the team. Him or Lorenzo. The team decided to stick with Lorenzo, so Rossi left.

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users