Gibson Brands Forums

first Songmaker experience, and news on new SJ200 scratchplate design!

Jinder

I am on tour with my band in Scotland, and today stopped by GuitarGuitar in Glasgow, who had a Songmaker Series in Hog with a flat cutaway in stock...great guitar! I was pleasantly surprised. Very Taylory, lively tone and great satin neck. Great electronics too, well worth investigating for anyone looking for a great solid stage guitar that will record well but not be as precious as a Bozeman masterpiece. I think I'll stick with my Hummingbird for live at the moment though.

Also, they had a great new SJ200 in, and to my joy it was sporting a Hummingbird-style scratchplate, with the decals sealed under the plastic! Completely smudge and pick proof, and just the way I've been banging on about being the way it should be here for the last 18 months. Maybe Gibson are taking notice of what we chat about!

they remind me of the garrison line a bit and i suspect they have a common manufacturing element, but i'm not certain - someone should chime in to correct me if i am wrong.

good to hear from you, as well. good luck on tour! make it big and tour canada. you're welcome to crash here!

they remind me of the garrison line a bit and i suspect they have a common manufacturing element' date=' but i'm not certain - someone should chime in to correct me if i am wrong.

good to hear from you, as well. good luck on tour! make it big and tour canada. you're welcome to crash here![/quote']

that would be b/c Gibson bought Garrison. that's where these are made!

Archived