Gibson Brands Forums

Does anyone know anything about this other than it's a Les Paul

cts

O:) The guitar I am trying to get history on is the one in the avatar, On the white stripes of the flag it has the intials HNY

under those in fancy writing is Ernie Ball Iknow who he is but know nothing of the HNY, there is no numbers on this guitar anywhere. The only thing I've been told is it is a les pual.

We really did'nt know I emailed pics to route66 and the told me something like Gibson Les Pual Epiphone on the top part it dose have gavelston on it but I kind feel that the other is smooth. Not trying to to sound like I know anything that's why I came here. but if you can tell me how to down load pics here i'll send what I have

cts, open a free account on www.photobucket.com. Upload your pics to the site from your computer, and then copy the image link (IMG) under the pics into your posts on the Gibson Forum. It should appear as just code when you copy it in, but once you hit the "Post" button than voila! you have pictures.

You might have mentioned earlier that it said Galveston on the headstock (that's usually a pretty big clue). Try contacting these guys...

http://stores.ebay.com/ModTech-Inc-Software_Galveston-Guitars

Based on the graphics, my guess is that it was donated to some kind of fundraiser or auction by Ernie Ball (maybe they're the distributor for Galveston). H.N.Y. could stand for something like "Helping New York". I did a quick google search and there's an organization in Brooklyn called "Heal New York" that councils children traumatized by disasters. Who knows?

My first email would be to the guys in the link above. Then maybe Ernie Ball customer service. Looking for info on a Gibson site isn't likely to do you much good since it's not a Gibson.

hny2.jpg

Looks like an old Ibanez PF200 (I own a white one like in the pic below - good guitar) but with a slightly different shape to the very top of the headstock and a more severe angle to the slope of the upper bout. That could mean that it was built in Japan out of the same factory that made the old Ibanezs or that someone modified the shape of the headstock. The body shape looks right but the bridge hardware looks more like Gibson hardware than what Ibanez was using at the time.

Ibanez PF200:

pf200-1978-new.jpg

pf200.jpg

Looks like an old Ibanez PF200 (I own a white one like in the pic below - good guitar) but with a slightly different shape to the very top of the headstock and a more severe angle to the slope of the upper bout. That could mean that it was built in Japan out of the same factory that made the old Ibanezs or that someone modified the shape of the headstock. The body shape looks right but the bridge hardware looks more like Gibson hardware than what Ibanez was using at the time.

Ibanez PF200:

pf200-1978-new.jpg

pf200.jpg

Actually I think the body shape looks more like an Aria... That was the first thing I thought when I saw it...

http://www.ariaguitars.com/int/03_products/pro_eg_pe_elite.html

Also it's bolt on... Which a lot of Aria LP copies are... I don't know what it is... But its probably an old Aria body with a conterfeit neck on it...

Actually I think the body shape looks more like an Aria... That was the first thing I thought when I saw it...

http://www.ariaguitars.com/int/03_products/pro_eg_pe_elite.html

Also it's bolt on... Which a lot of Aria LP copies are... I don't know what it is... But its probably an old Aria body with a conterfeit neck on it...

Good eye; the upper bout is definitely shaped more like the Aria which leaves just the headstock as a mystery. The Ibanez PF200 is also a bolt on.

I don't know what it is... But its probably an old Aria body with a conterfeit neck on it...

It's probably a Galveston guitar with a Galveston neck on it. That's why it says Galveston on the headstock.

If you look around on the net' date=' Galveston makes a lot of cheap guitars with fancy graphics on them. This model is right up their alley.

As far as the body shape, there were dozens of companies adding that little extra "dip" to get around the whole copyright thing. Apparently some [i']still[/i] do.

It's probably a Galveston guitar with a Galveston neck on it. That's why it says Galveston on the headstock.

If you look around on the net' date=' Galveston makes a lot of cheap guitars with fancy graphics on them. This model is right up their alley.

As far as the body shape, there were dozens of companies adding that little extra "dip" to get around the whole copyright thing. Apparently some [i']still[/i] do.

Also, the Aria factory in Korea produces a lot of guitars for a lot of different brands... Sorry.. But I didn't see the Galveston on the headstock.. You must have better eyes than me :-k

Archived