Gibson Brands Forums

Can anyone identify the model of this Gibson acoustic?

Kylef

noelsgtr2.jpg

I found this snap of his guitars recently, and the acoustic at the front puzzled me. It looked like, and i think in fact IS, a Ronnie Wood signature model. I hadnt noticed Noel ever using the J-200 Ronnie Wood signature model, so had a look through some footage to see what acoustics he was using. I then found these:

Noelgibson.jpg

noelgibson1.jpg

Anyone know what this guitar is?

Anyone know what this guitar is?

Given the fretboard inlays (and what I can see of the peghead inlay), looks like a sunburst Ron Wood Signature J-200, but with a "normal" pickguard.

-- Bob R

... w/ a burst finish.

It came in both 'burst and natural. The fretboard inlays looks like the right shape, but you're right that they don't look much like abalone. Maybe some used abalone and some not?

-- Bob R

It came in both 'burst and natural. The fretboard inlays looks like the right shape, but you're right that they don't look much like abalone. Maybe some used abalone and some not?

-- Bob R

I can tell you that abalone does not always photograph the way it looks. It usually washes out to monochrome when you photograph it, as the colors are just too subtle to reproduce well.

Archived