Gibson Brands Forums

Question for GillianGirl

SRV-Zeppelin

Hey GG, I noticed that you are also a fellow Albertan. I live about 250 km SE of Calgary, Vauxhall is kind of halfway between Lethbridge and Medicine Hat. Just out of curiosity... did you get your SJ200 locally (L&M or Guitarcentre) or did you go down to Bozeman or Missoula?

I was in Bozeman recently and got to check out a store called Music Villa, "home of the Gibson Premier 5 star Acoustic Showroom." essentially there were about 40 gibson acoustic instruments in one room. IT WAS AWESOME. The Gibson factory also gives tours on Fridays.... you should check it out.

Hi SRV! I'm at work right now so can't talk long but I got my Southern Jumbo at L&McQ here in Calgary. It's a bit of a story really because I fell in love with it before I could actually buy it so kept 'visiting' it every day and saving my pennies! I have been to Bozeman too tho' and spent time at Music Villa. OMG, what a great place that is.

Okay, gotta run, the boss is coming down the hallway!

Okay' date=' gotta run, the boss is coming down the hallway! [/quote']

don't talk so loud, or he'll hear you...

smile.gif

speaking of "visiting," I did that with my LP (pictured in my avatar) for about three weeks. It's fun, isn't it? you start to get paranoid after a while, though... "what if I show up and it's not there?! oh no!"

Okay, I'm off sick today with a horrible head and chest cold (ahhhhhchhhoooooo!)

Anyway (sniff), I have done the tour a few times SRV. Here's a pic of Van the Man spraying one of the guitars in the spray chamber. I love doing the tour, the sights, the smells of the wood, the friendly people, it's all good. Let me know if you are going to the Homecoming next June and we'll pick you up on the way down. If you're in Vauxhaul, we'll drive right past you!

gibson036.jpg

Archived