Gibson Brands Forums

do you wear your pants "low"?

S t e v e

To all you guys who "sag" your pants and show your butt and

underwear....did you know it originated in prison? It was a signal to

the other MEN that you are "available". So if you wanna keep going

around looking like your "available" for another dude to "tap that"...

then keep thinking your cool while I think you look like a Fool!...jus sayin [rolleyes]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wear my pants where they seem to hang naturally.

This is do to what most people would call a "Beer Belly".

But as we all know...

"It's not a beer belly. It's a fuel tank for a sex machine.

Thank you. Thank you very much. You've been a great audience. Good night now.

No, so when i rob a store i can run away faster.

Common sense.

Rob a store? Rookie. I go for the big bucks: banks. And for that you need a tight nija costume. If your pants are dragging, you'll never be able to axe kick the security guard.

I'm reminded of the times more than 50 years ago when there was a big deal about jeans worn a bit low - although not three sizes too big and underwear showing - and jacket collars up. 'Twas a rebellion thing among the young. Check out a photo of actors James Dean, for example, as in his movie "Rebel without a cause."

But... I guess I've always seen clothing as having to be practical as well as decorative function.

If I'm taking photos at a rodeo, I want to be able to climb a fence out of the arena before the bull gets a chance to use my body as proof that a 2,000 pound critter is tougher than a 160-pound critter.

Current urban fashion wouldn't work very well for me in that instance. For what it's worth, though, I buy my clothing, and have since I was in my mid teens, with full body motion in mind. That includes suits as well as jeans.

I do find fashion interesting when it seems to make little sense. In the 19th century men would wear very high rise "trowsers" that reached the short ribs and were held up by what Americans call "Suspenders" and Brits call "Braces." (For American readers: "Suspenders" in American English mean something different from what the Brits call "Suspenders" that are far more interesting items IMHO. <chortle>)

Anyway, the a vest and coat would go over the trowsers. The placement of the straps that kept the trowsers from falling off were under the vest and coat. That made certain ... normal human behaviors ... somewhat difficult.

Ah, life. How it offers us so many opportunities for a good laugh.

m

Guest farnsbarns

To all you guys who "sag" your pants and show your butt and

underwear....did you know it originated in prison? It was a signal to

the other MEN that you are "available". So if you wanna keep going

around looking like your "available" for another dude to "tap that"...

then keep thinking your cool while I think you look like a Fool!...jus sayin [rolleyes]

I heard a different theory which makes more sense so I suspect it to be correct.

I heard it originates with LA Gangsters respecting those of their colleagues that are on death row who are given trousers made of tough paper that would rip if you tried to hang yourself with them. Would be useless for escaping/running in and, of course, they're not allowed a belt.

(I've worn a pair actually when my clothes were taken from me for evidence when I was arrested on suspicion of burglary, I hasten to add that I was not involved in a burglary, in fact, there had been no burglary, I went to the trouble of finding that out the following day. Shame the police didn't check that out and spent 6 weeks asking me for finger prints while I was on bail, seems they had forgotten to take them when I was arrested).

Archived