Gibson Guitar Board: What DAW do you use? - Gibson Guitar Board

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What DAW do you use? What recording software do you use?

#61 User is offline   adam411booking 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

I'm still relatively new to the DAW world, but I really enjoy Studio One.
It's easy to use and does everything I need it to do.

I've used Pro Tools and Apple Logic in the past, and I've found Studio One can really hold it's own.
I'm no expert in the world of audio engineering, but if you're looking for a very easy program to use that's affordable and sounds great, I recommend Studio One. I'm very happy with the results I'm getting from it so far. I use it as a writing tool, recording, editing, mixing, and (now) mastering. It's a pretty nifty little program (especially with the drag and drop option. You don't even have to leave the home screen).

But like I said, I'm no expert on recording.
I personally didn't like Pro Tools or Logic because of the complexity within the programs. I was able to navigate my way through both programs, but with Studio One it took me no time at all to learn how to operate the program. I truly recommend this to anyone whose looking for an easy to use DAW.

#62 User is offline   chipss36 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

Protools ....
Laminate Just Became A Tonewood

#63 User is offline   StevieC 

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

I'm still using Sony ACID Pro and Sound Forge. I've tried lite versions of Cubase and Ableton, but I guess you work best with what you know. It looks like Sony is never going to upgrade ACID Pro again. I plan to buy a new computer soon and I'm bound to run into compatability issues sooner or later so I'm looking for something else. Ableton is popular but pricey and I'm not completely sold on Reaper. FL Studio (the old Fruity Loops) is selling surprisingly well. Not sure where to turn.

#64 User is offline   Irish 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

I have Studio One, but prefer using my old standby Cool Edit Pro (which I believe is the forerunner to Adobe Audition). It's not the most advanced, but is very full-featured for my needs and extremely stable. My songwriting partner has ProTools and Logic, but seems to prefer working with Logic.

#65 User is offline   AB53 

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

Sonar X3 is awesome.

#66 User is offline   wrains72 

• LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:06 PM

Cubase for years now.
2006 LP Standard, 2 2009 LP Traditionals, 2008 LP Traditional, 2009 Firebird V, 2014 J-15

#67 User is offline   Guitfiddle_Pop 

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

I've been a professional ProTools recording and mixing engineer for 20 years. As a film and T.V. re-recording mixer, there is no other viable option. I have friends who use logic or digital performer on a hobby level that swear they are great tools, but I've not had fist hand experience on them.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users