Gibson Brands Forums

Poor Forum Performance

Skinniburgh

This forum is terrible. Search engine is bad. Can't come on and sell anything without 10 posts? Who made that rediculous rule. Have you people never seen other forums? Perhaps that's one of the reason that most of your members have 0 posts. So - I guess this can count as 1...

Most members have more than 0 posts......I couldn't help but notice that even you have 4 posts.....The search engine does take getting used to, but, yes, even I don't

use it because it is difficult to navigate.......But, if you feel that the forum is " terrible ", I'm sure you can find forums more suited to your ways of thinking............

I happen to love these forums..........Like Frosted Flakes, they're Great !!!!!!!

Well, I happen to think this is one of the better, if not BEST forums I've ever used, glitches or not. Been to more than a few for different categories, and this particular forum covers guitars pretty well as far as I'm concerned. The Fender forum won't let you talk about the Hagstrom you just bought, and for the most part, my fellow forum members are informative, candid (some extremely so), helpful. "Terrible" is a bit of a stretch, yeah, there's technical stuff, who cares? The people here ROCK! I'm glad I'm a part of it. Can't think of a better place to hang out in cyberspace. Besides Musician's Friend maybe.

Now I`ve got to say this much, I`m not big on forums in general.

But I´m very happy with this one.

Maybe it`s because I`m not only here to just sell one item, but to talk to equal minded people,

about common interests?

For selling stuff you got sites like Ebay?

This forum is terrible. Search engine is bad. Can't come on and sell anything without 10 posts? Who made that rediculous rule. Have you people never seen other forums? Perhaps that's one of the reason that most of your members have 0 posts. So - I guess this can count as 1...

maybe takes a while to get used to but i dig it here thee some cool people not much trolling..i done alot of forums facebook etc i would say this is one of the better ones ..the mods are cool and theres switched on people ..once u get used to it ..its really good

• 3 months later...

I still like it here.

Some stuff that goes on I don't like, but you'll find drama and such anywhere there's any group of people collected I guess [unsure]

But mostly it's good. And requiring a human being to interact with other human beings who come here 10 times before being allowed in the living room basically, is not a bad thing.

It does stop most spam and it stops a LOT of trolls from making accounts and just being troll-y. And less work for the Moderators who do work very hard around here.

Welcome -

Linda

Search Engine is fine - You just have to "Force" it into Advanced Mode by typing

in only two characters, then the options become available of searching a specific

forum section with your search terms. Be sure you're on the Forum section you wish

to search before proceeding. For example, if I wished to search the Gibson Lounge for

"G-400", the software would display the most recent 400-ish results with "G-400" in either

the Title or the thread. At this point you would have to know either the Title, the Author,

or the approximate date/time frame of the post.

THOSE results can be manipulated by chosing to view Ascending by date, Descending by date,

Thread Title, Author, and on and on. Usually results display about 400 posts max, but by

switching from say, Ascending to Descending the 400 results will be different. You can

find what you're looking for, just takes persistance. I actually found one of our long-term

members FIRST EVER post at his request. I found mine, too.

I used it quite effecively to locate "lost Threads" when reconstructing the EPI LOUNGE

"Do-It-Yourself" thread after the last Bad Crash. Takes some Work, and getting used to.

I've actually been able to locate threads as old as early 2008. Will all depend on what

Words you enter as search terms...

If you know the Author, go to their Profile page (click on their name) and select "Find my Content".

The results will be displayed as ALL posts they've participated in. This can be further narrowed

down by selecting "Title Only" IF you know what the title is. Other options are there, too.

It IS useable! A bit odd at times, but still useable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Skinniburgh ... respectfully - bite me msp_flapper.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived