Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone ej200 Artist

ldixon

Bought a used Epiphone EJ200 Artist built in 02/2011 in brand new condition , strange thing is

of all things it has no third fret dot ,not even on the side of the neck.I am told it is supposed to

NO doubt numerous pics. prove that. What scares me the most is what else may be missing on the inside

that I can not see. Yes this is a simple thing but that is exactly my point. Of all things to miss during production

and quality control ,this just blows my mind. This was my 14 yr old's 1st purchase on his own,without me around,

He did not notice it nor did the salesman according to the salesman , nor did the guy who took it in on trade.

Wow thats just weird

• 2 weeks later...

I can only make perhaps an educated guess, but I would bet that nothing of major importance on the inside was missed. I understand your concern, as I myself would have, but, since it was used when you got it, someone else had likely been banging on it for a while. Besides, it is now several months old and judging from your comments I assume there are no obvious structural problems---sinking or bulging top, bowing neck, cracks, etc. I hope my guess is correct. I too would want my son to have a good instrument........Another thing to consider is that the original owner may well have known that the fret dot was missing, but simply wanted a different guitar. Pickers get rid of guitars for all kinds of reasons and a lot of them have nothing to do with an instrument being flawed in any way. They just want something different.

Archived