Gibson Brands Forums

Really thinking about the ZT-3

macman

Hi,

Being a Steinberger fanatic now; I have been playing my GT-Pro Deluxe as my main guitar and love it. Now I'm considering getting a Steinberger ZT-3. I have yet to play one but have seen awesome players like Bryan Aspey and a few guitarist on YouTube totally shred on this guitar. I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on it and if anyone has kept their pickups stock or swapped them out.

Thx much,

Macman

I personally like the pickups that came in the ZT-3, some don't care for them. If you are familiar with Gibson pickups that is pretty much what you get. As for the guitar in general, once you get it set up right it is a real pleasure to play. The TransTrem can be difficult for some but well worth the trouble once you get it set right. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I changed my pickups out. The stock ones were way too bright for me. Not enough difference between the neck and bridge pickups as well. (went with paf-joe and mo-joe).

Love the guitar tho. Plays like a dream, and I constantly get attention about it. I really don't use the trans-trem feature other than to lock it in place. One thing I am quite amazed about is how it stays in tune. I've had it for 6 months now, and it rarely is out of tune (I tune every day, but it is never out by more than a little bit).

+1 from me to (almost) all comments above. I really like the feel and playability of the guitar, and I also like the sound of the original pickups. Different to all my EMG loaded other Steinies, with an own character, but not so different that I'd need special amp/effects settings only for this guitar. It fits nicely into the family and gets played regularly. Which means something :)

Bernd

• 1 month later...

I fell in love with it, the first time I played it. Excellent body balance, it doesn't lean forward or backwards, which I think is very important for comfortable, and relaxed playing. The tone is beautiful, crystal cleans, and if you want it to sound a bit warmer, just roll down the volume a bit. Tonally it's very versatile, I don't know if the tone is that great for metal riffs though, but for solo playing it's very decent. The playability for me is out of this world. Do keep in mind, this is my first steinberger. Good Luck!

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys;

Sorry to get back so late. I think I have made up my mind to get the ZT-3. After watching the YouTube videos and reading the responses I feel this the guitar to go with. My cousin has one as well and loves it so I'll make it happen.

Thanks much.

• 1 month later...

Archived