Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone out there gig with a Gibson Les Paul studio?

big red

Well I've seen that video a few times..

I don't think he made himself too many friends at Epiphone stating that the Epip version was "made for kids".. I think he meant is was made at a reasonable price point.

I really wish he would have described what he was really hearing out of each guitar instead of "it sound really good"

My No.1 is a 2010 LP Studio Worn Cherry w/BB-pro's. For me it's the best guitar I've had to date.

I've always had 4-5 guitars, buying one/selling another. This LP's a keeper. (I think [rolleyes] )

I'm in a band by the name of weissmuller. The bassplayer maintains our www stuff.

Here's an open air vid which captures the guitar's character pretty good. It has a bit of that 'wreching', somewhat nasally crunch I like so much in Jimmy Page's sound. The amp's an often pissed on Bugera V55HD. Best value for money IMO.

I use a Ebony 91' Studio Lite, although mine is basically a chambered studio with balsa blocks fitted.

I've used it for years.

Played an acquaintances Standard LP and all it gave me was a sore shoulder.

If anything, the difference between the two is personal ego boost value.

Some guitarists will feel cooler and possibly they play better if they play a more expensive model even though it sounds the same.

Been gigging a studio as my main ax for about 8 years now. Everytime I try to replace it with a fancier model I play this studio side by side with the newer guitar. I always seem to leave loving my studio more. Thats not to say one is better or not, just seems to suit my hands. Anyone who says a studio lacks tone needs to practice more! [lol] The chicks in the front don't care what it says on the headstock!

Archived